Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A couple of Q's

Traveler

A couple of Q's

Thank you all in advance for any replies!

My buddy and I are playing using Underlord mod version 1.52, fanpatch 1.17, and defiler version 1.36 (only increase chest items, stack potions). I Emailed Soulseeker asking if the "RNG Fuction Fix" and "Slow Cast" if checked would cause issues with Underlord or the fan patch. He replied that as far as he knew the fan patch didn't contain fixes for these two problems, but he didn't know about Underlord. We've kept them checked, and we're just about to Delphi, and we've noticed that the drop rate is absolutely terrible thus far. Does anyone know if there is a conflict with the drop rates? We even tried increasing the drop rate x2, and while that helped a bit, it's nothing like either of us remember drops being in vanilla TQ/IT, and we read around the forum that the drop rate from Underlord was increased so we're both thoroughly confused.

Second, we made it to the hidden blacksmith to find our first secret area, I was immediately waylaid by purple sprites that exploded like Petards (AOE 2 fans will get my reference). Naturally I was stun locked as purple sprites endless spawned out of a purple ooze blowing my poor Nomad up. WTH?! Please tell me searching around that camp and my first death of the game wasn't frivolous, and that the area has something special to offer that I just couldn't find?! Or is it simply a unique vendor? (She had nothing of use when I browsed her store).

Thanks again for any input! Great mod, loads of fun!

The RNG fix might be included with UL - not sure but I believe it is. However, if you have the UL Fix + defiler fix, it doesn't do anything different, it'll still be a rng fix. It's just replacing a dll file or two iirc, so..overwriting a file with the same file...i think common sense tells you what happens there.

It's a unique vendor - and iirc she's one of the few who sells vitality staves.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Traveler
    Perfect thanks Asylum101, I figured as much so good have that confirmed.

Any explanation then why the drops have been so sparse? Doesn't underlord increase drop rates? Or is that only in Epic/Legendary? I mean until we turned on x2 we didn't see one blue item. And when we did turn on x2 we got 1 blue item from a majestic chest, farmed the boss 3 more times and only one other time did the spider queen boss drop a blue...However, we are seeing charms/relics drop like crazy!

You guys have bad luck, thats all.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Do not pet the spikey purple things.