• Jelly

3 37.50%
  • Nutella

5 62.50%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3 Beta

Diablo 3 Beta

This is from a guy who played the beta.

In an inevitable development, a new twitter account, @D3Anonymous, has popped up, run by someone who claims to have been at the media event at Blizzard Irvine today. He’s tweeting up a storm, with more than 60 posts in the last 4 hours, and while most of them are on previously-known info, there are a few with new revelations/predictions.

It’s D3Here on Twitter! Not the same guy, but the same principle. This time the deception won’t live nearly as long, since we’ll find out everything from the attendees when their NDA expires on August 1st. If not sooner.

As most of you guys know, I am not typing this from Irvine, since Blizzard PR, in their infinite wisdom, elected not to extend an invitation to a representative of the largest, oldest, and most trafficked Diablo fansite on the internet. As a result, I’m not bound by any NDA, and when people who actually were at the event today send me info, there’s nothing legally stopping me from posting it. For instance [tease snipped by request].

Based on what I’ve heard tonight from actual event attendees, this D3Anonymous guy is entirely, 100% fake. (And looking back, D3Here was definitely fake as well.) Both of them were peddling old info with a few new predictions, and none of their deceptions even scratch the surface of the big, major, huge, shocking changes that have been made to D3 since we last saw the game at Blizzcon 2010.

In short, nothing in these new tweets even approaches the level of big news revelations we’ll soon be able to share with you guys. (And I am not at all sure that the changes will be popular. We’re talking major reworking of numerous game systems.)
    What he deleted: For instance, I could let you guys know that the skill limit is no longer 7, and that traits have been entirely removed from the game and replaced by a new system where passive skills are unlocked at set levels. But would I do that? *cough*

Note that this beta isn't available for peasants like us so don't ask me: Laurr, how do I join the beta?
    Last edited by Laurrrr; 07-29-2011 at 02:25 AM.
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

"The Zone wants to be respected. Otherwise it will punish."
    "It is so quiet out here, it is the quietest place in the world."

Nice mini-"spoil" lol. Can't say I'm not looking forward for the next Diablo. Then again, can't say I'm expecting utterly the same thing I got from D2.

There whount be any Necromancer Minion-Lord build (or adleast that's how I call it). I whount be able to control a horde of anything. Heck running around ( doing nothing ) while watching your skellies smack the heck out of the enemies, especially if enemy was actually also skeletons, that was epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Nice mini-"spoil" lol. Can't say I'm not looking forward for the next Diablo. Then again, can't say I'm expecting utterly the same thing I got from D2.

There whount be any Necromancer Minion-Lord build (or adleast that's how I call it). I whount be able to control a horde of anything. Heck running around ( doing nothing ) while watching your skellies smack the heck out of the enemies, especially if enemy was actually also skeletons, that was epic!
    Well, if it had the same classes it would just be a rehashing of D2. New classes brings new gameplay, while the new mechanics provide a more stream-lined experience than D2. After playing TQ first and then D2, I could never really get into it. D2 was never very newbie-friendly. D3 looks to allow both hardcore and casual gamers differing experiences. Honestly, I think it appeals to a newer-age gamer thanks to the polish and streamlined experience, as well as to the old-school Diablo fanboy who's neck deep in Hell. The casuals do a playthrough or two, and the hardcore go at it. Everyone's happy.

Laurr, how do I join the beta?

You don't join the beta. The beta joins you.
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

The join doesn't beta?!

You are the beta?!
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

My point exactly.

Anyway, they will have a conference on 3 August so I think they will announce the start of the beta for us, the inferior peasants there. We shall see.
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

The quote in the first post is a fake.

Diablo: IncGamers
    Acer Aspire M7200 - AMD Quad Core 2.55, 8gb RAM, XFX HD7770 Black DD, 640gb HDD, Win7 64bit.

Meh, it's not like I expect the game too much but those fake beta leaks and comments like what I've quoted are getting annoying. They aren't even funny. Heck even a serious discussion with Batman drunk would be more funny and enjoyable than this.
    Last edited by Laurrrr; 07-29-2011 at 02:31 AM.
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

Don't worry too much, there will be an official info release on Monday. All about the Auction House, Beta etc.
    Acer Aspire M7200 - AMD Quad Core 2.55, 8gb RAM, XFX HD7770 Black DD, 640gb HDD, Win7 64bit.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast