Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer TQVault files to new computer

Transfer TQVault files to new computer

My wife has a new computer (windows 7). I saved the TQVaultData Folder from the old computer (XP) on DVD. How can I load these in to her new computer? I did not save any of her old games, I did a new intsall of TQ &TQ-IMT from the discs and installed TQVault v2.3.0.4 (old data files from v2.2.2).
    Thanks, Dave

I would think you just need to copy the saved files into the new installation directory for TQVault - which I believe is in the My Documents\My Games area (at least on my comp)... not sure how you are going to get the data for her old characters though if you didn't copy that info as well...

yeah copying and pasting the vault files (there are 2 for each vault I think - a text file and another file) in the installation directory should allow you to access them via TQVault. I had all sorts of problems recently and had to reinstall and delete most of my characters, i did save the vault files and have since been able to use the stuff in them.

Thanks for the imput -- the mystery deepens!!! I had copied the TQVaultData folder into the Titan Quest Directory but it seems that somehow the data got "doubled". The TQVaultData folder has 385 MB of data. I deleted it from the TQ Directory and that folder still has the 385MB. Go figure -- I'm really mystified! I'm thinking about removing and reinstalling everything but my wife already has gotten well into a new game and I don't want to lose that game.
    Dave

Windows 7 has a double file structure to preserve file integrity.
    If you install a program it goes to the specified directory, but if that program later tries to modifiy itself (or if the user tries that by older, Pre-W7-methods), the changed files go into a sandbox directory located elsewhere.
    This is intended to protect programs from file corruption so that windows can always "rollback" to the originally installed version, but it does make manual changes to the files harder.

This includes even ini-files (which is the reason how I learned about this, I changed the original ini of a program, but it didn't react to the changes because the changed ini was supposed to be in the sandbox folder, not in the install folder and I modified the wrong ini file).

If you search for the Directory name instead of the program name, you should get two hits - one in the install path, one in the sandbox path. Then you have to test where to put or delete the files to get them recognized by windows AND the program that needs them.

Hi guys.
    it's my first post here. so im sorry if I miss something.
    I've got a problem with TQVault, I can't add any item to my inventory.

maybe it's a silly question, but I am newbie about TQVault and this game.
    I have just Titan Quest, no Immortal Thrones installed.
    I hope u guys can help me out.

cheers.

You don't put things directly on your character but in where you have all your potions... not sure if that is why you were having problems - I'd also stack all your potions, they are taking up way too much valuable room - just don't make stacks that are too big - 100 potions works fine for me...

yes, first you should put the items in your inventory, if you aren't sure you meet the requirements (probably that's the problem)

on stacking potions: 1300 health potions in one stack doesn't cause a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by fathersquid View Post
    You don't put things directly on your character but in where you have all your potions... not sure if that is why you were having problems - I'd also stack all your potions, they are taking up way too much valuable room - just don't make stacks that are too big - 100 potions works fine for me...
    umm,,I mean not the potions, the question is, can we add new item manually from TQVault?
    for example, u can search legendary weapon for your character, but mine cant do that..
    I saw a video about adding items in youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQjLgYO2Hgk and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqeRzDl3W4E
    mine does not seem to run properly, or it does?
    sorry 4 my bad english..

oh yeah, about the potions, I've take care of it.
    thank you again..

In the video, they never actually create items - he just copies what he already had and deletes it and gives it to other characters... you should be able to do all that... If you are looking for items you don't have, you might want to trade or check out the community vault project....
    Last edited by fathersquid; 04-10-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast