Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 194 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: [WIP]Soulvizier Mod - Development

my wife, myself and my friend all started playing recently, we're into epic now and have recently been playing achilles mod for the difficulty of having MORE champions and hero's. I've been following this thread very closely as I find 1 shotting all the normal mobs, steam rolling non improved champions/heroes and even taking out improved bosses in 10 seconds very unsatisfying.

I come from a MMO background where fights with 5/10/25 people would last 2-5 minutes, and coming to this type of game where its over in 20 seconds or much MUCH less is very anti climatic, and a slight drag.

in your words, heroes, elites, bosses are harder and rebalanced? did you give them better resistances and survivability or just more 1 shot kill abilities? can you elaborate at all? My friend and wife would probably be willing to try a different mod, but i'd have to sell them a bit more then just saying all the stuffs in.

also you say its playable in epic/legendary, but missing stuff. do the new heroes and tuffer fights make appearances in those levels, i assume they do, just the higher level gear is missing?

thanks for taking the time with the questions, i'll talk to to them tonight about playing the mod, do they need to install it as well as the hoster? (achilles only i have to run the custom map and then select my normal character and its applied for all of us)

let me elaborate on what I am asking about the hardness factor portion of my post.

we all played wow together. (yes I have heard enough people here dislike the mmo play vs the action rpg play, and understand the differences) we play TQ:IT together.

Vanilla TQ:IT is a cake walk of epic proportions. so much so that I found beyond the character development and gear farming the game is so completely watered down I was afraid of losing interest.

we searched for difficulty mods and found many comments about people simply upping health %'s as not a extra difficult improvement. found many comments about xmax saying that while it makes it harder its still gimicky in that you outlevel everything so quickly, again almost trivializing packs of extra mobs.

saw the xplayer mods, which seems a more reasonable means of increasing hardness of a dungeon, dmg, health, resistences etc but we already play with 3 people, and i haven't attempted to try this improvement route yet.

in the achilles it says that it improves bosses and increases champions/hero spawns. The trash packs with champions and heroes is a challenge, and the funnest times we have had. Needing to work together to break down their ranks. The bosses still only spawn 1, which is ideal, as the fight should be more about epic encounter with the boss rather then try to dodge 3 bosses instant kill abilities while taking one down. but the bosses are still extremely simple for 3 people to take out, and VERY anti climatic. even with their great abilities, their health doesn't scale to players damage out put.

so my questions are simple,

-will the spawn number of your champions and heroes / elites give a 'challenge' for well geared possibly slightly higher leveled characters?

-will your bosses last longer then 20 seconds?

i guess basically what does "Greatly increased difficulty." mean exactly?

Oh, I ran into two huge problems when I installed the mod amgoz

1)My characters are invisible... I can see their armor, but no weapons or skin (face, arms. etc)
    2)In-game is filled with black-and-purple boxes, and I can't move, and my guy is still invisible While I'm fond of black-and-purple boxes, I'm not sure the game agrees with me. Some help would be greatly appreciated

Luckily I backed up my TQ:IT files before I installed the mod
    Last edited by Darklightr; 09-15-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by salan View Post
    we searched for difficulty mods and found many comments about people simply upping health %'s as not a extra difficult improvement. found many comments about xmax saying that while it makes it harder its still gimicky in that you outlevel everything so quickly, again almost trivializing packs of extra mobs.

-will the spawn number of your champions and heroes / elites give a 'challenge' for well geared possibly slightly higher leveled characters?

-will your bosses last longer then 20 seconds?

i guess basically what does "Greatly increased difficulty." mean exactly?
    One thing I wanted to avoid in the mod is increasing the difficulty by just giving all the monsters global % bonuses to health and damage. All the monsters in the mod have been individually edited by hand, while this means a lot of extra work it also means that monsters should be balanced better.

Depends on how well geared they are, but a fair amount of the heroes(especially those in Orient and Hades) will challenge even the more powerful characters. I can't remember passing Normal with less than 50 deaths

All the bosses, in particular the Telkines, are a lot harder than vanilla. While they all have better stats, I also gave a few of them new abilites to make them better able to cope with multiple players. They should definitely last longer than 20 seconds.

This mod goes a lot deeper than Achilles, so everyone will need to have it installed to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklightr View Post
    Oh, I ran into two huge problems when I installed the mod amgoz

1)My characters are invisible... I can see their armor, but no weapons or skin (face, arms. etc)
    2)In-game is filled with black-and-purple boxes, and I can't move, and my guy is still invisible While I'm fond of black-and-purple boxes, I'm not sure the game agrees with me. Some help would be greatly appreciated

Luckily I backed up my TQ:IT files before I installed the mod
    I'm not quite sure how you achieved that
    If you put the .dll files, Resources and Database folder inside your TQIT folder everything should work.
    Last edited by amgoz1; 09-16-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amgoz1 View Post
    I'm not quite sure how you achieved that
    If you put the .dll files, Resources and Database folder inside your TQIT folder everything should work.
    Lol that's what I did xD

First off, GREAT MOD.

I was super happy starting a bow-hunter and was finding a good deal of blue bows. I found uniques that were new (made by you) a green super ring, souls from various monsters that act as rings, new things to socket, recipes for forging and reagents, and finally green crows with rapid health regen. After clearing the first skele area, I realized, I had used to defiler last time I played to up drop chances from monsters and chests. So sadly, these great drops are probably not there by default.

Then in the second skele area, just before sparta, when I went to open the chest at the end beyond the little pool of water back there, crash to desktop. This reminds me of Lilith crashes when the defiler mods are on. Do you know anything about that? I never knew what caused it in Lilith either, but am wondering if you have had your mod tested with increased drop chance mods from defiler and seen these crashes before?

Another question: these regeneration potions, what do they do? I do not see them in my inventory and I do not see any effect when I pick them up.

Oh yeah, I found XP-pots too. Cool idea!

To end, YEAH super cool. Really looking forward to playing this all the way through. Luckily, I never did a Hunter so I have saved 1 class over the years and I think that your mod is going to profit from it. Really amazing how being able to find new stuff in such an "over-played" (at least by me) game, has made it exciting again.

EDIT: Crashed twice at the same chest, what did you put in that majestic chest at the end of the skeleton zone before Sparta?
    Last edited by jiaco; 09-17-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jiaco View Post
    First off, GREAT MOD.

I was super happy starting a bow-hunter and was finding a good deal of blue bows. I found uniques that were new (made by you) a green super ring, souls from various monsters that act as rings, new things to socket, recipes for forging and reagents, and finally green crows with rapid health regen. After clearing the first skele area, I realized, I had used to defiler last time I played to up drop chances from monsters and chests. So sadly, these great drops are probably not there by default.

Then in the second skele area, just before sparta, when I went to open the chest at the end beyond the little pool of water back there, crash to desktop. This reminds me of Lilith crashes when the defiler mods are on. Do you know anything about that? I never knew what caused it in Lilith either, but am wondering if you have had your mod tested with increased drop chance mods from defiler and seen these crashes before?

Another question: these regeneration potions, what do they do? I do not see them in my inventory and I do not see any effect when I pick them up.

Oh yeah, I found XP-pots too. Cool idea!

To end, YEAH super cool. Really looking forward to playing this all the way through. Luckily, I never did a Hunter so I have saved 1 class over the years and I think that your mod is going to profit from it. Really amazing how being able to find new stuff in such an "over-played" (at least by me) game, has made it exciting again.

EDIT: Crashed twice at the same chest, what did you put in that majestic chest at the end of the skeleton zone before Sparta?
    I guess you mean the rejuvenation potions? They heal % mana and health when used, they use the same shortcut as health pots though(something I haven't found a way to get around yet) so maybe you drank them without knowing?

I didn't do anything specific to the Sparta chest and I've never heard of anyone else having crashes related to it, must be Defiler screwing it up somehow.

"Really amazing how being able to find new stuff in such an "over-played" (at least by me) game, has made it exciting again."
    Really happy to hear this, exactly what I was aiming for when creating the mod !

I don't know what's causing this but every time I display the item name it says, "Tag Not Found: Common Weapon Format".
    Everything was fine a few days earlier. Other than that this mod is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmom View Post
    I don't know what's causing this but every time I display the item name it says, "Tag Not Found: Common Weapon Format".
    Everything was fine a few days earlier. Other than that this mod is awesome
    I started getting that suddenly too, I'll release a update shortly that should fix it permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by amgoz1 View Post
    I'll release a update shortly that should fix it permanently.
    Awesome

Page 3 of 194 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast