Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 187 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: [WIP]Soulvizier Mod - Development

Cool [WIP]Soulvizier Mod - Development

What the Mod is about
    The core aim of the Soulvizier mod is to provide a more challenging and diverse Titan Quest experience. Instead of focusing on a single aspect the mod expands on just about everything in the game: Discover a plethora of new items, fight hundreds of unique mini bosses, encounter rare bosses, forge new equipment and much more.

Soulvizier is built upon Munderbunny's highly popular Underlord mod and it includes all his mastery reworks and additional content.

Features:
    • Hundreds of new unique monsters to encounter.
    • Tons of new items and several new item types.
    • Greatly increased difficulty
    • Elite monster groups.
    • Random boss encounters.
    • New merchant type "Alchemist".
    • Create equipment with the new forging recipes.
    • Build upon Munderbunny's Underlord mod.
    • Includes Kirii's DiabloUI.

Gameplay Changes
    • Base move/attack/cast speed increased.
    • Max level raised to 1000.
    • Epic and Legendary items are enchantable.
    • Faster late game leveling.

Souls
    Souls are ring-slot items which inherit attributes and sometimes abilites from their former owners. All heroes and bosses have their own soul item which only they can drop.
    Example:

Souls are highly specialized items comparable in power to other unique equipment.

If you've played the Nez mod for D2 you will be familiar with the concept of souls.

Mercenary Contracts
    Mercenary Contracts are rare artifact-slot items which offer a wide variety of powerful summonable pets.

Hero Monsters
    There's two hundred new hero monsters and existing heroes have all been buffed both in terms of power and loot drops. All heroes have their own visuals and combinations of abilities, some of which can be obtained from their souls. A few very powerful uber heroes can also rarely be encountered.

Orbs
    Orbs are one-handed items, some act as shields others as weapons, often providing powerful elemental or spiritual bonuses at the cost of reduced protection.

Forge Formulas
    Forge Formulas are recipes which are used at Enchanters in the same way as Arcane Formulas, however these formulas aren't used to forge Artifacts, but can instead be used to create wide variety of powerful and specialized equipment.

Moddb page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/soulvizier
    Last edited by amgoz1; 02-22-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Nice.
    And good call that you chose underlord, to do the changes upon. xD

Tbh, I'm more interested on those :

All bosses rebalanced.
    Elite monsters.
    Greatly increased difficulty.
    AI enhancements.

Especially the boss and AI Enhancements.

The DiabloUI is also cool to have ofc. xD

PS : GL on this I hope you'll finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by amgoz1 View Post
    • 100+ New hero monsters.
    • 40 Affixes.
    • 200+ Items.
    • 35 Unique items.
    • New item types (Souls, Mercenary Scrolls etc.)
    The whole list looks great, but I quoted my favorite aspects, so I am hoping this becomes reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast82 View Post
    PS : GL on this I hope you'll finish it.
    It's about 75% done, shouldn't be too long till I release a beta.

Quote Originally Posted by jiaco View Post
    The whole list looks great, but I quoted my favorite aspects, so I am hoping this becomes reality.
    All the listed features are completed and implemented.
    Last edited by amgoz1; 02-21-2014 at 04:43 PM.

I'm considering releasing everything done for Normal difficulty so far and you can try out that while I finish up the Epic and Legendary content.
    Last edited by amgoz1; 02-21-2014 at 04:46 PM.

I'm sort of a tester for this mod, and I can say that so far it's great. As most probably know, the original Titan Quest was very easily played through, but that's greatly changed here. The monsters are more in number, they are more varied and also smarter, so to speak (an example is ranged mobs actually seeking distance from you).

The heroes of vanilla Titan Quest never really were a challenge to overcome (they were walking XP-bonuses to be frank), but all the new heroes are really powerful (and diverse as well!), especially when you're on your own. Same goes with bosses. As this is meant to be a multiplayer experience (as mentioned before) most bosses are very difficult if not impossible to take down on your own, unless you're smurfing. Also aforementioned, the treasure to be found has been increased accordingly.

So the main punchline is: if you're looking for a tough run with a friend or three, you can look forward to the Soulvizier mod being released.

(Also satyrs ragdoll lmao).

Also somewhat main tester along with Godnatabe. Indeed, great mod.

What strikes me the most is that you, to a greater extend feel the reward of intelligent play and decent building of your character, mainly cause of the more difficult and more diverse mob groups and heroes.

To add on top of that, this mod offers a lot more options in regards to building your characters, with the aforementioned"Forge Recipes, Mercenary contracts and Souls, all of which are neccesary to take into account when playing trough due to the increased difficulty.

All of this increases the joy of playing multiplayer. Everyone has to contribute, and no classes can solely carry for multiple players, and the rewards of playing well has increased greatly. It's more of a teamplay effort as items are further specialized for each build.

All in all it's a great mod with a lot of great features, and is mainly focused around multiplayer, which i really like.

Sorry for this "stupid" question:

This mod will be multiplayer-only?
    No single-player?

Quote Originally Posted by Cygi View Post
    Sorry for this "stupid" question:

This mod will be multiplayer-only?
    No single-player?
    It's made for both single and multiplayer.
    Last edited by amgoz1; 02-21-2014 at 04:42 PM.

No updates? :\

Page 1 of 187 1231151101 ... LastLast