Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New to TQ

New to TQ

Hello guys,i was wondering if you can suggest me some class to play,because I can't choose from all of the combinations,i want someone who does well alone?

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Probably a Conqueror (Defense/Warfare) would be the best to start with to give you an idea of how the game plays. Choose Defense when you reach lvl 2 and put a point in Concussive Blow, Adrenaline tree, Battle Awareness tree, Shield Charge tree, Armour Handling, Shield Smash, Disable, Pulverize and Colossus Form as you reach them climbing the Mastery. It's also a good idea to put a point in Batter/Rend Armour and put it on the RMB, at least until you get to Shield Smash when you can reclaim the points if you wish.

When you reach lvl 8, start climbing Warfare. Again you'll want a point in Weapon Training, Battle Rage tree, Dodge Attack, Onslaught tree and Ancestral Horn. Don't take Dual Wield; Defense has so many benefits for a weapon/shield toon that you'd be stupid to try and dual wield a Conqueror. You can try that out with another Warfare combination that won't lose so much. You could try out War Horn tree to stun enemies and maybe War Wind tree, but I always feel that one works better if you're dual wielding.

Once you get Warfare going, then slowly climb Defense while putting a point each level in Onslaught and have it on the LMB. It deals more damage the higher you take it so maxing it early is a good idea. Also try and max Amour Handling so you can wear better gear if you find it. Once Defense is maxed work on getting Warfare there too then, once that's done, start maxing out the synergies working from the top down and the other passive skills. Usually the top synergies are maxed first as they are the ones you want the most: Onslaught's Ardor, Adrenaline's Defensive Reaction, Battle Awareness' Iron Will, Shield Charge's Disruption. Also max Pulverize as soon as you can. You don't really ever need more than a point in Battle Awareness and if you haven't downloaded the fanpatch don't bother with Battle Standard/Triumph as the synergy doesn't work properly.

Cassidy did a guide for a Conqueror which is the one I followed when I first started playing the game and it worked pretty well for me, although I did have 50 deaths before the end of Legendary. But he was the first toon I got to the end and was still learning how to play. You'll find the guide in the Builds Compendium in the Skills and Strategies section of the forum.

Another possibility would be a Templar (Defense/Dream combo). To Defense's skills add Psionic Touch tree, Lucid Dream tree, Phantom Strike tree, Distortion Field, Distort Reality tree and Trance of Convalescence or Wrath, depending on how your health is holding up. You can only have one trance at a time, but you can switch between them if you want a few points in each to try them out.

Enjoy.

Thank you very much,i will try this conquerer and see how it turns out!

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Don't worry too much about dying, it's your first character and it'll take a while to understand how to tackle the various foes that will confront you. One you get to understand the game, any death totals should improve. As I said, my Conqueror was my first to the end and died 50 times. My Templar was the second through, but I'd been playing a lot of different character combinations by then and knew much more about how to defend against enemies and he had only 10 - BIG improvement.

Also, in case you don't know there are a few extra special monsters in Epic and Legendary that you won't see in Normal. Another good reason to understand the game before you suddenly come face to face with them.