Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: story time

Citizen

story time

hey guys,
    i have started writing a bit of a story and was just wondering what you thought of it so far. i know it has nothing to do with tq, but this is the only story place. im currently doing the next chapter. for those people not familar with the fuedal era japan's weapons and tool here are what they are:
    katana: long sword
    ninjato: ninja sword, shorter then the katana but straight
    shuko: hand claws for climbing or combat
    ashiku: feet claws
    wakizashi: short sword
    naginata: spear but wityh a curved blade on the end instead of a point

this is it:

The shadow sprang up the tree and looked towards Takeda Hirotoru’s castle. There were sentries posted along the outer wall every fifty metres. The shadow ran along a branch and launched himself at the wall, his fingers just grabbing on the edge of the wall. He started moving towards the nearest sentry, making high pitched cicada chirps to mask the little sound he made. As he got to the section of the wall the sentry was posted he drew his tanto, waited a second and then thrust it over the wall. He heard a small exhale and the body slumped against the top of the wall. He sprang over the edge of the wall sheathed his tanto, before leaping down onto the ground. He sprinted to the cover of a nearby house and shimmied onto the roof. He looked around and saw a well on the other side of the village square. If his information had been correct the well had a hidden passage that led past the inner wall and into the keep. He ran towards the next house and leapt over the road and onto the roof, and then he heard a door open and a group of drunken ashigaru came noisily out of the inn. He dropped down into an ally and started walking towards the square, just as the ashigaru turned to corner. The lead asigaru looked in horror at him and then to the ninjato strapped to his back.
    “Ni-ni-ninja” he whispered. The ninja had only seconds to react before the ahigaru called for help. He drew his ninjato and leapt forward, swinging it in a wide arc across the first ashigaru’s chest, before kicking the body back and stabbing the second one. The third one raised his arm in an attempt to save himself, but the lethally sharp sword cut right through his arm and into his neck. By that stage the last ashigaru had recovered from his shock and sprinted back down the ally, the ninja smiled behind his mask and pulled a star shaped shuriken out of his pouch and launched it at the retreating warrior. It struck him in the back of the neck and he fell to the ground, squirming. The ninja walked up and rammed his ninjato into the fallen warriors back, and through his heart.

The ninja walked unseen through the square and over to the well, before taking a deep breath and jumping in. The freezing water nearly made him release the air, but he recovered in time to stop any air escaping him. He swam down through the dark until he found a hole in the wall. He kicked through and followed the passage. By the time he reached the end of the passage he was nearly blacking out. He kicked up with his fading strength and burst through the opening. He took a few deep breaths and saw he was in the castle kitchens he heaved himself over the lip of the container and grabbed a discarded cloth to dry himself. He headed for a nearby window and climbed out. He pulled a pair of shuko and a pair of ashiko and attached them to his hands and feet. He started climbing the wall. As he reached the second floor he heard a group of samurai walk around the bottom of the wall, under him. He pulled himself closer to the wall and didn’t make a sound. In a few minutes the samurai were gone. He finished climbing to the third floor, silently opened the shutter of a window and climbed in. He held in a groan, their sleeping on the floor were fifteen samurai. As quietly as possible he edged around them and to the screen door and started pushing it open. It squeaked. He held his breath, but the samurai didn’t wake. He slowly edged it open and tip-toed out, before closing it behind him. He walked down the corridor, past four rooms and stopped in front of the fifth. He slid open the screen and looked down at the sleeping diamyo Hirotoru. The ninja drew a poisoned shuriken and reached down and clamped his had over the diamyo’s mouth, before slicing his arm with the shuriken. Hirotoru tried to cry out, but couldn’t.
    “My name is Hatashi Tari” whispered the ninja “And this is a message from diamyo Anishi.”
    Hirotoro’s eyes widened as the poison took affect, shutting down his body slowly.
    “Never betray him” said Tari.
    Hirototu let out a low moan as his heart stopped. And the ninja leapt out the window and disappeared into the night.

thanks guys,
    Ant
    Last edited by ant117; 05-01-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Citizen
    this is the second part:

The crowed roared as the two samurai faced off. For Shimazu Zanji it was his last duel on his warrior pilgrimage to prove himself worthy as diamyo Takashi’s heir. He drew both his katana and his wakizashi as his opponent readied his deadly naginata. His opponent swung his weapon straight at Zanji’s chest, Zanji blocked it with his katana, but his opponent swung the butt of his weapon around, attempting to trip him. Zanji leapt over the end of the naginata, ran forward and shoulder rammed him in the gut. His opponent flew backwards and landed in the dirt, his supporters groaned. Zanji ran forwards and swung his katana to wards his fallen enemy, but his opponent rolled backwards, brought his feet up and kicked Zanji in the chest. As Zanji fell his opponent swung his weapon straight at his legs, Zanji just managed to block it with his wakizashi but his opponent hit it so hard he lost his grip on his short sword and it landed on the ground next to him. His opponent sprang to his feet, ran forward and kicked the weapon away and swung the naginata down at Zangi with all his might. At the last second Zanji swung his katana up to block the naginata. But even holding his word two handed it kept inching towards his neck. The crowd let out a cheer, as for the first time Zanji might lose a duel. The cheer died off abruptly, and Zanji looked towards the crowd, his blood ran cold. His father diamyo Shimazu Takashi walked to the front of the crowd and shook his head. Zanji roared and rammed both his feet up into his opponent’s groin. His opponent dropped his naginata and went down on his knee, cradling his crotch, groaning. Zanji leapt to his feet and rammed his fist in to the side of his opponents head, knocking him senseless, before putting the tip of his katana to his neck.

Interesting. Though, isn't a cheap shot (to the groin ZOMG!!) against samurai code?
    Every day, the sun rises.

Citizen
    lol, i think althougth samurai had to follow bushido, they used what every they could to win

Citizen
    next part comming soon

Citizen
    sorry its late but ive been busy. heres the next part:

“Well done my boy” said diamyo Takashi, as he and his eldest son headed to the Shimazu capital’s castle. A man about a year younger then Zanji came running forward.
    “Brother” he called, grinning.
    “Yamaru” said Zanji, before embracing him.
    “What’s that, you’re fiftieth victory?”
    “Forty ninth actually”
    “Well soon you’ll be up to one hundred” laughed Yamaru. Zanji grinned. “Our sister will be joining us soon”
    “Akari’s here?”
    “Yes, she saw the whole dual. To put it in her words she wanted to see you kick some…..” started Takashi
    “And you did” interrupted Yamaru.
    “I’ll see you later, father, brother, I just have to find someone first”
    “Don’t be late for the feast” grinned the diamyo
    Zanji walked down through the town to the sake den. As he walked in everyone looked at him, before cheering.
    “Two barrels of my best sake are on the house” called the owner. More cheering. Zanji walked over to the owner.
    “Is Samari here?” he asked
    “He’s over there” pointed the barkeeper “But he’s still annoyed from his loss today, I thought you would be the last person he would want to see….”
    “Well thank you anyway” said Zanji, bowing. He walked over to his opponent. Samari looked towards him, Zanji bowed. “Good fight today” he said
    “It was a fight to the death, why didn’t you kill me?” asked Samari
    “Because I believe it would have been an unnecessary waste”
    “You know I lost face because I lost for the first time”
    “You’re last duel?”
    “Yes”
    “How about we call it square if you come to the palace for the feast tonight”. Samari bowed low.
    “My lord, I would be honored”

As Sunset came Samari walked up the road towards the palace. His swords at his right hip as a symbol of his status as a samurai, and his naginata in his right hand. The palace was surrounded by a deep moat and had huge walls. As he approached he saw two guards on the other side of the bridge collapse. He sprinted forward and crouched next to the nearest samurai. He had been stabbed through the back. He looked up just in time to glimpse shadows disappear over the next wall.
    “Ninja” he swore.