Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S.t.a.l.k.e.r. 2

PERMANENT INTERNET ACCESS FOR STALKER 2

Kotaku Australia are reporting this Ukrainian publication’s interview with GSC’s Studio Director Sergey Grigorovich. In it it he answers a huge number of questions, revealing little about the sequel apart from question one about “security” for the forthcoming game:

“Software piracy is an issue for us, we try to fight it, but within reason… Protection from piracy? Part of the content will be located on the server and downloaded as the game progresses. Permanent internet access is required. Text information, code and quests will be loaded through that connection.”

I’ve contacted GSC for a statement.
    NOOOOOOO, *!!#*!@#*!@$&!@$&*!@$*!@$&*!@*$!@*!@$**@!%&!*%!@*& $&*!@$*!*$!@*$&!@$*!&*@!%&!@%*@!&*$!@*$&*!@($!@($* !@*$!@&*!@%*!@%(!*@%*!^*^!^*!@*@&!&!@*(@*$!@$**!@$ &!@$~@%*!@*!@%!@*%*!@%
    This can't be happening, it cannot. We are talking about a dev who had bugged games and how is permanent connection to the Internet going to contribute to the mods?
    This cannot be happening, I mean, first they announce it on consoles and now this? I don't want being connected to the Internet, I don't want to share my emotions from The Zone with idiots who cannot possibly understand The Zone as I do. They simply view it as a shooting ground.
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

"The Zone wants to be respected. Otherwise it will punish."
    "It is so quiet out here, it is the quietest place in the world."

I feel for you... same reason i don't want the new neverwinter game to be an mmo. just ruined it for me. but until now S.t.a.l.k.e.r. 2 looked good.

GSC Closure Confirmed

I am sorry to hear that but in the same time I am glad because instead of seeing some shitty CoD clone I won't see anything and I will still have some of the best games ever made imho.
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

Sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately the gaming industry is still such a volatile business that making good games is far from the only factor of success.

If you are lucky someone right will pick it up in the future.

Maybe but my opinion is that no one should pick it up, they should let the series rest in piece.
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

Stalker 2 development to continue... somehow.

Against all odds, STALKER 2 has risen from the grave. Or, well, the probable grave – given recent talk of closure and the dev team being “almost completely dissolved.” It would appear, however, that rumors of STALKER 2′s death have been greatly exaggerated.
    This feels like a deja vu...
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

Quote Originally Posted by Laurrrr View Post
    I'm afraid it's not for long. Big part of the dev team has left and now the rest look for investments to continue development. I can guess that they're trying to build some kind of a "tech demo" to get someone's attention. So I'd say that STALKER 2 is unlikely to be ever released. Maybe it would be better (just remember the fate of Duke Nukem: Forever) that way.

STALKER 2 жив, подробности в блоге чуть позже
    translated:
    STALKER 2 is alive, details in the blog later
    https://twitter.com/galyonkin/status/230257375808999424

And:
    The following info is from a reliable source but isn't official, keep that in mind.

Sergey Grigorovich didn't sell the brand name "STALKER".

Bethesda is going to publish a STALKER game and has all the rights to it.

The game is multiplatform(consoles+PC) and is based on Bethesda technology.

It's being made by a studio familiar with that technology(possibly Obisidian or the Fallout 3 team from Bethesda, but no facts as of yet). It is almost 100% guaranteed that it's not a Ukrainian studio.

Bethesda will be able to buy the brand name from Grigorovich later, but for now all the misc. merchandise is his responsibility.

Release date, engine, detailes - TBA.
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2847758

A Stalker game made by Bethesda? I can already see: "Step into the the zone with giant ass cannons, laser weapons, badass mercenaries and other cool things".
    I want to see who will comment something in the favor of the game because with the risk
    of getting baned I will insult him, his family, his grave and so on since this series of games is a part of my soul and I won't allow anyone to ruin it. I am not kidding. You have been warned.
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12