Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [WIP][Map] Dawn of Ragnarok

[WIP][Map] Dawn of Ragnarok

Story: Dawn of Ragnarok

Desperate and cold after the assault on your farm, your family dead, your world crushed, you wander down the mountain to the local village. You need answers, what happened?
    Why has the wildlife turned aggressive, why have undead soldiers been raised from their grave? Where are the Valkyries that take them to Valhalla? Start an adventure to solve this mystery, and encounter a new evil (Telkines) who have been plotting a new plan in a new Pantheon after their previous failure, and discover a darker evil behind it all!

Input and suggestions are welcome. The Masteries will be ASYLUMSMOD. I plan on releasing several versions with other mastery mods incorporated by our modding community if they want to take part. This map will also be free to use for new mastery building, pm me for source files.

The awesome UI was made by Kirii, many thanks!

Updates:

Crafting / Set Items

Crafted Caster Set Art Fixed the %Armor bonus on both sets, as it works only on items.

Quest preview Video Some typos in my Modstrings, sorry to sound like a 4th grader there in my dialog >_>

Map will release with ASYLUMSMOD for Masteries.

Environmental Effects -

Snow! Snow is actual snow flakes now instead of tiny boxes, can be seen in later screen shots.

Snow / Asylummod Video

Custom Weapons -

Wands! I modified the Skill_Base template and made rangedonehand a legit weapon now!

Custom Fist Weapon .msh Thanks to Tamschi's Mesh View, I am now able to make new meshes!

New Monsters-

Barbarians

Dogs of War
    Last edited by Samsonite; 03-25-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Looks good Samsonite! Very nice atmosphere and you did a great job on the layout of the village. The villager eating the ox was a nice touch!

The one suggestion I have is to make the terrain less bumpy. I was getting kind of motion sickness just walking. The constant up and down

Demigod
    Very good! I like it. You just need a custom masteries and you could make it seem like an entire new game

Very good so far!

Bumps: Like Kirii said, the ground is ludicrously bumpy. It's not too bad, but it needs to be a bit smoother, the bumps should be a bit more rare and can be textured to appear like rocks. (look at some of the greece regions, you see this often)

Otherwise, pretty awesome.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Yeah running around in it again the ground is waaaay to bumpy. My biggest fear is to have the map be too bland with not enough eye candy. Lilith for example (great map overall) was just too bland for my tastes, and that is one thing I really want to avoid. I want this to look very professional with great replay value that draws people in similar to the TQ world (minus the voice acting (>_>). There are some places in TQ that are just so beautiful, and I want that punch in my map as well.

I'll smooth out the player terrain and add some rocks or something like Asylum said. Thanks for the feed back, and I'll upload a new map when I get some terrain added with a few quests, respawn shrines, etc (the holidays are going to slow me down a bit here). If you have any other ideas let me hear them, whether its about the story, the map, or w/e.

Phantasy_snot: I mentioned it in the OP but I'll mention it again, I'm not going to mess with Masteries, there are a ton of Mastery mods, Like Asylums, that will work great with this map, so I'm going to focus just on mapping.

BTW: I will be adding a TON of gear, mainly retextured gear to match Norse themes, tweak some stats, new names, etc. Adding a Legendary Mjollnir (Thors Hammer) gets me excited giggidy.

Demigod
    The darker screen, the new AI, plus a whole new story line make it almost seem like Titan quest 2. if you are serious about this, it could actually become a whole new game. you say that the telkines are back and ready to take control of the norselands after their other failure. This could basicly the sequel to Titan Quest if you wanted it to.

New AI?
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

I made a few new mobs as this takes place in a Norse setting, Rabid Wolf, and a Dark Wolf. I retextured quite a few things to give it a "snowy / cold" look.
    There is a map mod called "frozen world" which also used the frost theme. Maybe it would pay to have a look at that.
    Also, are you aware of the "Boreal Rampage" project? Iirc it builds on the same general idea of Act 5 moving to the northern mythology circle.

In any case, this sounds good. Will check it out.

Oh, and btw, if you do need any actual Valkyries, mine just had a beauty makeover.

Yeah I actually have Frozen World in a folder on my desktop lol, Ill check out what they have that TQ doesn't have. I'm really frustrated about the sound in this game, having troubles getting music to loop. I think I have searched every template, tried every setting, painted different sound layers in world, nothing can trigger it to loop. I think I remember another post about this issue in one of the tutorials, but they didn't come up with a resolution. If one of you know of the proper template to use that will loop properly let me know lol. I'll check out that Act V thread, is the project still alive?

Edit: And yes, I need Valkries BTW your D2 mod is giving me a lot of inspiration, mixing D2, Loki (the parts that didn't suck balls) and TQ into a nice dark map is going to be fun!
    Last edited by Samsonite; 11-24-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
    New AI?
    Ui maybe?

Phantasy, yeah it would be cool for it to be good enough to be TQ2, still along ways off for that though haha.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast