Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Priest

Minecraft

Anyone out there playing?

I'm trying to make the Minoan Labirint in minecraft. Maybe I'll post it here when im done.

its not my type of game, i would be bored out of my mind within a few minutes of playing.

however, i have seen some truly amazing things people have built in the game, and it is very impressive. so im glad other people out there like it. for anyone who hasnt heard of minecraft, go onto youtube and check out some of the stuff people have made...its pretty crazy.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    There's battle lines being drawn
    Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
    Young people speaking their minds
    Getting so much resistance from behind
    I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
    Everybody look what's going down

The game feels like its missing something .... like loads of guns and enemies or perhaps a shield and a sword .

Priest
    if you buy the game and play in alpha, you can fight mosters using swords and eventualy land mines.
    really funny when a pig walks on one of them.... BOOM.... no more pig.

Banned
    Minecraft has ancient-looking graphics, no plot, and generates massive, sandbox game worlds with seemingly infinite creative possibilities.Minecraft’s creative mode is great as well and will likely appeal to an entirely different kind of play. While survival mode is essentially a sandbox game, creative mode is less like a game and more like a toolset.

Don't forget the whole thing was developed by one Swedish guy, at least up till a little bit ago when he made like a gazillion dollars from it and made his own game studio. I hope we see some sweet Mojang RPG's in the future.

I bought this yesterday and it's great! My first house was a wall of sand around a tree, then I moved to a (very) small island. There's only enough space for a 4x4 room, so I started digging down to the bedrock (and died quite a few times before finding out how to build ladders and use them properly...)

It took me a while to find out how to get more coal, so I built a glass wall to get more light. The waterfall is only 1 deep, so it's not possible to see the deep sea, but I intend to fix that once I get the diving suit mod and a few diamonds

I then found out how to get more coal and built an underground cornfield with a hole in the ceiling for irrigation. Building the skylight was quite a hassle because I consantly had to fight the currents from the seawater; in the end I just finished it from above.

Here's my gallery: Minecraft (World 1)

And those mods are crazy. (Night vision goggles, seriously?)

Priest
    Finaly finished my Minecraft interpretation of the Minoan Labirinth from TQ.

If you thought it was hard from third person, you wont like first person.

You're free to try it out, but please dont pass it off as your own.

I've uploaded the level.dat file only, you'll have to replace an existing level.dat to get it working.

[edit] never mind, didnt work.
    Last edited by Demon of Death; 02-14-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Doesn't the level dat only contain the player and seed values and no actual level data?

Priest
    yea, right...

turns out that and the upload limit make me unable to upload the map here. will try to find another solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast