Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quickbar macro program for fast ability execution

Quickbar macro program for fast ability execution

I made a small program with AutoIt to make abilities fire instantly, bypassing the "cross hairs" + click and just executing the ability at the cursor position for slots 1 through 3. Also made a script for "buffs" using the second Quickbar, they are bound to F1 through F3. By pressing F1 it will instantly swap to the second bar, press 1, then swap back to the first bar instantly, you won't even see the bars swap it happens so fast. This frees up space on the main Quickbar by placing buffs on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd slots on the second Quickbar.

How this works:

Slots 1, 2 ,3 on the main bar are "Quickfire" slots, meaning the macro right clicks instantly after you press the button. Lets use Defense Mastery Abilities for these examples. By putting Shield Charge in slot 1 traditionally you would get a targeting cross hair when pressed, then you would click to charge in. With this program now you just press 1 and you charge to the target immediately, no cross hairs+click. The rest of the slots on the main bar (4 -> 0) work normally.

Slots 1, 2, 3, on the Second Quickbar are setup differently. I set these slots up for "buffs," like Battle Awareness. They are bound with F1, F2, F3 (traditionally bound to target pets, and these will need to be cleared in the keybinding options in game) By pressing F1 (in this case we have Battle Awareness set to slot 1) the macro will swap to the second bar, press 1 enabling Battle Awereness, then return to the main Quickbar, it executes fast enough that you don't see the bars swap. The rest of the slots on Quickbar 2 (4 -> 0) work normally.

Quickbar slots 1, 2, and 3, must be bound to 1, 2, 3, in-game for this to work.

F1, F2 and F3 need to be unbound from Pet Targeting in-game for this to work properly.

Edit: Swap Quickbars must be bound to Y in-game.

This is an .exe that loads in the system tray and only works in TQIT, so it wont mess things up if its running and you are using these keys in another app. Simply right click it in the system tray to close it after exiting TQIT.

I hope this is useful for some of you, it makes the combat system much smother for me. If any of you have requests, like adding more slots, let me know and I will recompile and upload it.

Thanks to Jowshie I got this thing perma hosted. The file contains AutoIt (the only version that works with TQ), two scripts, two .exe's 1-4 and 1-10, and instructions on how to make your own.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1335720/quickfire.zip
    Last edited by Samsonite; 05-07-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: update

Lol, where were you like, 3 years ago? :P

Cool tool. However, imo you should make the auto-fire skill customizable. Though as you have it now, it's pretty easy to use, but customizable autofire keys would make this really stand out. (maybe with an editable config script or something)
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Hah yeah I'd like to do a GUI with options, but it may take some time, I'm not very fluent in scripting. Glad you like it.

Wow, this tool rockz. I'll try it later. Thank you. (:

Updated OP with an updated version. The original version was looping and taking up a full core of CPU usage LOL, anyways this one sleeps for 25 millisec and fixes the problem.

Wouldn't it be better to use
    Code:
    HotKeySet ("<key>" , "on<key>")
    Func on<key>()
        ; do stuff
    EndFunc
    to trigger the functions instead of ifs in a loop?

Edit:

You wouldn't need to unregister the pet key either that way...

Edit:

Nevermind, I forgot that you need some kind of loop to keep the program open.
    Last edited by Tamschi; 10-25-2010 at 09:46 AM.

This is so amazingly sweet. Thank you so much!

You basically just made it possible for me to play all of the classes I've been avoiding because of how cumbersome that damn cross hair targeting is. It's awesome to just put my mouse over a mob and hit 1,2,3 and watch as they get hit with squall, lightning bolt and eruption as fast as my character can cast.

Having 1-3 as quickfire works great, the buff slots are kind of neat, but don't really make that big of a difference.

Something that might be cool to implement would be one click buffing:
    Hitting F1 swaps to the 2nd hotbar, clicks all 10? slots (Some classes have more than 3 toggles), then swaps back.

Great job, wish this had come out 4 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
    This is so amazingly sweet. Thank you so much!

You basically just made it possible for me to play all of the classes I've been avoiding because of how cumbersome that damn cross hair targeting is. It's awesome to just put my mouse over a mob and hit 1,2,3 and watch as they get hit with squall, lightning bolt and eruption as fast as my character can cast.

Having 1-3 as quickfire works great, the buff slots are kind of neat, but don't really make that big of a difference.

Something that might be cool to implement would be one click buffing:
    Hitting F1 swaps to the 2nd hotbar, clicks all 10? slots (Some classes have more than 3 toggles), then swaps back.

Great job, wish this had come out 4 years ago!
    It is so ridiculously simple to make a custom program (like 5 mins tops to rescript, compile, zip, and upload) that I can make it do whatever you want to do. So if you want a custom one made just let me know and I would be glad to do it. The 2nd hot bar F1 one hit buffing can be done pretty easily, I would just have to test the "sleep" time between the button presses the macro does so it doesn't do it all at once. So yeah, you want a custom one made lemme know. Also, if you bind something, lets say slot one to "D" or something that's not "1" and so forth I need to know that also. Glad you like my little program

Sam

Someone has already did this, it is called fastskill and it is editable version of your program with all slots available. But thanks anyway. BTW this program, so as fastskill, need to be run under administrator rights!

Fastskill came with poor documentation iirc, I could never get it to work 100% of the time even when I followed directions.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast