Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: critical hits

critical hits

g'day all,

i am just playing the normal lilith mod , but i also have underlord installed and this seems to wreck havoc with critical hits, EVERY monster gives me a critical hit so if you get mobbed by half a dozen or so each dealing out 400 crit hit damage you dead in a blink of an eye. i installed the update from moddb which is supposed to solve this problem but its changed nothing. can some one tell me where and how the code could be changed to lower this please?

cheers

I believe the Lilith for Underlord is only for Underlord 1.2, which had the critical hit problem. Even if you update your version of Underlord to 1.3, when you load Lilith it'll load the 1.2 database, which will recreate the problem.

If you want to fix the code yourself, you'll need to use the art manager. Extract the Lilith database file (.arz) with that bonus feature in TQVault.

Then you'll need to go to the record "combatequations" and change the crit threshholds. I don't remember what they were, but you can find the values in the Underlord database file.

Or, you could just bug Jiaco to update his mod.

Consider me bugged...

If I remember correctly there were two records in Lilith that needed to be removed so the default/underlord records would be used in their place. They were the male/female records in xpack/creatures/pc/. So I will look for the combatequations and see if Lilith has one that needs to be removed but...well...I just dunno, sort of in a d2 mode right now.

thanks guys i will look into it. also waiting for D2 ...!!!

i also have to say , i cant believe that this forum is still going.! 4 years! whew..
    Last edited by tyrellcorp; 09-08-2010 at 03:36 PM.

So just looked at the records and lilith does not have a combatequations. I found one in the TQ records/game folder but that was it. So there should not be a problem with that dbr as Lilith should just use vanilla/underlord version.

(waiting for D2?)

So, monster game balance? Monsters did have larger bonuses to OA I believe. I don't know the monster stats for lilith monsters, so I don't know if you have enough DA to face them. Shrug.

yeah i couldnt find what you were talking about as well. not sure what to do now. i can see the game becoming un playable later on. as i have noticed that the crit damage gets higher with higher level monsters. even putting all my stat points into dex and getting items that have high defence makes no difference . i am now having to put all my points into health just to stay alive.

i assumed D2 was diablo (?)

Er, don't put all your points into health.

And have you played Lilith in vanilla? It's much harder than the regular game.

As far as why you have the critical hit problem, it honestly sounds like Underlord 1.3 isn't installed.