Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In need of some opinions

Citizen

In need of some opinions

Hi guys,

I’m the proud owner of a lvl 61 Conqueror. I’ve reached Medea’s Grove on legendary but the game it’s becoming increasingly harder, probably due to my lack of elemental resistance. Anyway…please take a look to my character and give me a few opinions regarding what to keep and what to change.

PS: this is my first TQ character so be nice! :P

Here are my stats: http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...-6-0-0-0-6-0-0

I hope my items are visible on that small img.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Since this is your first toon I guess you don't have that many equipment in your vaults (TQVault) so I suggest you go farm for stuff like "Ferrus Gnosi", "Aionios", "Visor of the Shadowlord" and possibly "Sapros the Corrupter" ... at least that's what my conqueror wears.

As to your stat points I guess I would add "Battle Awareness" tree because of "Iron Will". And instead of "Battle rage" tree I would max out "Adrenaline" tree and definitely max "Disruption" to hit more targets.

Hope this helps a bit...

Almost forgot .. try to find "Pendant of Immortal Rage" to get those DPS of yours a bit higher...
    Last edited by lordslayer; 07-14-2010 at 06:02 AM.
    62 Oracle | 62 Battlemage | 62 Haruspex |62 Conquerer |62 Brigand |66 Diviner |57 Slayer |19 Conjurer |60 Templar |8 Bone Charmer
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Kill one, you're a murderer...kill a million, a King.Kill 'em all...a GOD.

First of all, go farm the gorgon sisters for Legendary SBC. They'll give way more armor and +3 to skills. I would really lower the points in the BR tree. It won't be up all the time, it doesn't last very long and the skills in it also have their own % of chance to activate, so all in all, you put a lot of points that you won't be using for quite a bit of the time.
    1 point in Colossus form has kept me going up until Legendary Act II now, so I don't know if 8 points are really needed. If you think they are, no problem, you can take them out for getting through the act and put the points in it again when you reach a boss.
    Put 1 point in BA, then boost Focus to get more shield block. You can also get Iron Will to boost your stun resist.
    Armor Handling can help you with further mitigation of physical damage.
    Another option is to get War Horn to stop the enemies from hitting you.
    I can't read most of the stats on your gear, but keep in mind that a good green with a good relic can be better than a blue or purple item.

Citizen
    Thanks for your answers guys…I’ll go farm rite away.
    After reading your answers I’ve came up with the following question: What the hell is TQvault?...beside that valult in the city of the dead…witch is probably not related anyway.
    PS: forgot to mention…the character is 100% clean…I mean with no outside help of any kind.

TQVault is a muling program which allows you to store your loot in an unlimited amount of vaults you can name. It can also be used to duplicate items or complete relics, but mainly it's used as storage.
    Kinda like ATMA for D2 if you ever used that.

Priest
    Well like the posts above get better equipment but about your skills...I see you maxed out the entire Battle Rage tree.It's not that good.Most people put only 1 point in Battle rage(because of +50% offensive ability) and 0 points in Crushing Blow(not so good) and Counter Attack(not so good).I would use all the points from Crushing Blow and Counter Attack and 11 points from Battle Rage(1 point invested is enough) and use those points in Batter tree and Shield Charge tree!
    The rest is OK

Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by pinguin View Post
    TQVault is a muling program which allows you to store your loot in an unlimited amount of vaults you can name. It can also be used to duplicate items or complete relics, but mainly it's used as storage.
    Kinda like ATMA for D2 if you ever used that.

Wooow….niceee…

Can you help me with a link so I can download’ it and a few base line how to intal (if it’s unusual) / use it?....hope that I’m not asking for much.

PS: I could find’ it myself but I rather go with a recommended one so I will not crash my game (that will not be the first time and its not pleasant at all).

Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuentes View Post
    Well like the posts above get better equipment but about your skills...I see you maxed out the entire Battle Rage tree.It's not that good.Most people put only 1 point in Battle rage(because of +50% offensive ability) and 0 points in Crushing Blow(not so good) and Counter Attack(not so good).I would use all the points from Crushing Blow and Counter Attack and 11 points from Battle Rage(1 point invested is enough) and use those points in Batter tree and Shield Charge tree!
    The rest is OK
    I see…the base idea was not to have access to all the skills, but to those witch make a difference and help me to crush and burn (it’s easier to operate lesser active skills in a close combat…at least for me it is). Anyway thanks for the help!

Switch out everything but Adroit Loop. The artifact is okay too. It shouldn't take that long to find something better for the other slots, farm the Hydra or legendary Secret Passage for a while. Hydra is fairly easy for Conquerer (Battle Standard + Colossus = dead Hydra), and when you get stronger you can use Colossus to increase your movespeed to cut the run time a bit. Don't try to find specific items like Sapros and Pendant of Immortal Rage, that will take way too long. Just get a bunch of upgrades because your current gear really sucks.

For skills I would probably do something like this. The main things to consider about skills is that Battle Rage is mostly useless while Quick Recovery combined with high shield block makes you nearly invincible. So shift those points from Battle Rage over that way. Also Concussive Blow is not very good unless you use it to amplify other stunning skills like War Horn. IMO drop it to 1. Also Iron Will really helps and Rally is nice for a quick resistance boost. If you don't like having a lot of active skills at least keep Shield Charge, Quick Recovery, Battle Standard and Colossus. Also note that Triumph doesn't work without the fan patch. The fan patch also fixes lots of other things, so install if if you haven't.

Edit: correction: relic --> artifact
    Last edited by Galefury; 07-14-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Galefury View Post
    Switch out everything but Adroit Loop. The relic is okay too. It shouldn't take that long to find something better for the other slots, farm the Hydra or legendary Secret Passage for a while. Hydra is fairly easy for Conquerer (Battle Standard + Colossus = dead Hydra), and when you get stronger you can use Colossus to increase your movespeed to cut the run time a bit. Don't try to find specific items like Sapros and Pendant of Immortal Rage, that will take way too long. Just get a bunch of upgrades because your current gear really sucks.

For skills I would probably do something like this. The main things to consider about skills is that Battle Rage is mostly useless while Quick Recovery combined with high shield block makes you nearly invincible. So shift those points from Battle Rage over that way. Also Concussive Blow is not very good unless you use it to amplify other stunning skills like War Horn. IMO drop it to 1. Also Iron Will really helps and Rally is nice for a quick resistance boost. If you don't like having a lot of active skills at least keep Shield Charge, Quick Recovery, Battle Standard and Colossus. Also note that Triumph doesn't work without the fan patch. The fan patch also fixes lots of other things, so install if if you haven't.
    Got it, got it...and got it!...I'll see about shifting the skill points but for now I'll start farming for some better items (as you said mine sucks) but i think it will take a wile...considering that after about 140 hours i ended up dressed like this...but well, no pain no glory. Thanks for the advices!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast