Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Diablo UI (Unfinished) [User Interface]

Thanks for the feedback guys!

As for the final release...maybe once the school year finishes I will have some time in March and April.

Hey, just tried out your mod, and I think it's great! I stumbled upon this mod when my friend and I were looking for a party frame UI mod since it is fairly difficult to read/click on the party health/energy bars. Any plans on making those larger? If not, do you have any tips/suggestions for my own attempt? I'm not sure how hard it is to resize the clickable area of the party frames.

It wouldn't be hard if you know how to run the Art Manager. With a little digging you will be able to figure it out. If that is something you want to do I can point you in the right direction tutorial wise for setting up the AM, and I can probably locate what you need to change if you are having problems finding it (party frame size / location) in the database.

Thanks, I'll start looking into it.

Tutorial

Here is a tutorial I wrote. It has some basics about setting up the Art Manager and editing the UI.

Hi guys!
    I'm pretty new to using TQ mods in general and I'd like to know if it's possible to use that UI with other mods (I've started "paths" by shadowlance)?

I've copied the files from diablo UIs database and resource folders to paths database and resource folders....but that didn't work^^;

Yes you can, you need to build it into the mod via the Art Manager though. You could try ModMerge, that should work too, and be a little easier if you don't want to tangle with the Art Manager

Can I use this UI using Underlord mod ?, the mod does change some colors in the UI but that's about it , and if so , how can I install this mod, I am very very new to installing TQ mods , any help much appreciate !!
    Thanks in advance !

Citizen
    I'm no stranger to following mods' instructions and unzipping them to their correct locations and getting them to work, but this one has no instructions. For instance, the Arctic UI mod says to unzip it into the THQ/Titan Quest Immortal Throne/Database folder, and I do that and that mod works fine.

Does anyone know how to get this one to work? I'm guessing this Diablo UI mod doesn't conveniently unpack like the Artic UI mod does, and that I have to manually place items into not only the TQ:IT Database folder, but also the TQ:IT Resources folder? But when I open the innards of the Diablo UI folders, I see a ton of things in there and am not sure what to do.

If someone could tell me how to go about placing the folders/files into their correct locations, I'm sure it would be easy.

Thanks,
    ~Thurick~

Edit: I backed up the original TQ:IT Database and Resources folders, then I dumped everything within the Diablo UI mod's database folder into the TQ:IT Database folder, and dumped everything from the mod's resources folder into the TQ:IT Resources folder, and still no deal.

I don't get it.
    Last edited by Thurick; 04-10-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurick View Post
    I'm no stranger to following mods' instructions and unzipping them to their correct locations and getting them to work, but this one has no instructions. For instance, the Arctic UI mod says to unzip it into the THQ/Titan Quest Immortal Throne/Database folder, and I do that and that mod works fine.

Does anyone know how to get this one to work? I'm guessing this Diablo UI mod doesn't conveniently unpack like the Artic UI mod does, and that I have to manually place items into not only the TQ:IT Database folder, but also the TQ:IT Resources folder? But when I open the innards of the Diablo UI folders, I see a ton of things in there and am not sure what to do.

If someone could tell me how to go about placing the folders/files into their correct locations, I'm sure it would be easy.

Thanks,
    ~Thurick~

Edit: I backed up the original TQ:IT Database and Resources folders, then I dumped everything within the Diablo UI mod's database folder into the TQ:IT Database folder, and dumped everything from the mod's resources folder into the TQ:IT Resources folder, and still no deal.

I don't get it.
    Sorry you are having so much trouble Thurick! I notice that the original instructions have been lost somewhere in my updating of the original download.

If you downloaded 1.11 off the first post of this thread it is a custom maps version of the mod. You have to extract the "diablouimod" folder to your custommaps folder in your TQ:IT directory. Usually located at C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne\custommaps.

Then when you start up TQ load the diablouimod custom map and it will bump you back to your character selection and you can play any character you want with my UI.

Hope you can get it working!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast