Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [User Interface] BigBarsUI

Priest

Had the same problem as TEK on older machine. Basically it doesn't scale right. You can see the buffs at 1280x1024 but they overlap the bar, anything lower and they are hidden behind the huge bar.

I like the whole flashy thing but I had to get down to like 100hp for it to activate

I didn't change the threshold of the low health warning just the location. At least I didn't mean to. I will double check if there are any values for that.

Thanks for the info on the resolutions. I am trying to figure out how they manage to get the buffs to stay put on the vanilla ui so it helps to see the many different resolutions that people will be using. I have to test in window mode of course but I don't think it makes a difference. I didn't really think people still play at such low resolutions but there ya go ;P

It's pretty weird that you guys have that buff issue, I've been playing the game at 1680x1050 and 1920x1080 and both look fine, haven't run into that issue myself. My brother on the other hand, has when running it at 1280x1024.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

I think there is a flag or something for when you are playing in a widescreen resolution, including both 16:10 and 16:9, and for when you are in a non-widescreen resolution. As you notice when you are selecting a res there is a (widescreen) tag. Digging through the dbrs today to see if I can find anything.

Still working on it but for now here is a quick fix.

I moved the icons back to the upper left corner. They will be visible on any resolution.

bigbarsui_status_icon_upper_left.zip

This filesmelt sure IS easy!

I'm trying to get this to work permanently but it's not working. I have the fanpatch 1.17a installed and downloaded the version of your BigBarsUI which is compatible with it. However I only got it to work if I install the mod as a custom map (option A). Also in this case, running at 800x600 (or whatever) the health and mana bars were out of place.

If I want to make it work permanently (option B) nothing changes.

I think the mistake is in replacing the database.arz in the custommap database folder with the file in the TQIT database folder, then running it through ArtManager and putting it back to TQIT database folder.

Can you suggest what I'm doing wrong? Or can you explain this step by step please?
    I'd really like to use this mod since, yeah, most of the times I'm really looking at the health bar when playing and missing all the action... This mod would be a keeper.

Just that I think the character's portrait should be incorporated back in the interface, maybe you can leave that and the buffs where they were originally and just move the health and mana to the lower UI?

Quote Originally Posted by apricot507 View Post
    I'm trying to get this to work permanently but it's not working. I have the fanpatch 1.17a installed and downloaded the version of your BigBarsUI which is compatible with it. However I only got it to work if I install the mod as a custom map (option A). Also in this case, running at 800x600 (or whatever) the health and mana bars were out of place.

If I want to make it work permanently (option B) nothing changes.

I think the mistake is in replacing the database.arz in the custommap database folder with the file in the TQIT database folder, then running it through ArtManager and putting it back to TQIT database folder.

Can you suggest what I'm doing wrong? Or can you explain this step by step please?
    I'd really like to use this mod since, yeah, most of the times I'm really looking at the health bar when playing and missing all the action... This mod would be a keeper.

Just that I think the character's portrait should be incorporated back in the interface, maybe you can leave that and the buffs where they were originally and just move the health and mana to the lower UI?

There could be a few things you have set up wrong. Let's see if we can figure it out.

1) In ArtManager under Tools->Options do you have your Titan Quest folder and Immortal Throne Working Database folder in the Additional Browse Directories?

Mine looks like this: "D:\Program Files\Titan Quest\;D:\Documents\My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne\Working\Database\"

To have both directories you have to separate them with a semi-colon. Try locating both of these folders on your system and adding them.

2) Are you doing step four in the read-me correctly? If nothing is changing at all when try Installation B it leads me to think you actually didn't change anything in the database.arz. The only way this would happen is if you forgot to rename your database.arz to bigbarsui.arz when you copy it to your custommaps folder. Remember to copy it to your "Documents~Titan Quest - Immortal Throne\custommaps\BigBarsUI\database" folder and not your working folder.

3) Did you copy the Textures.arc file to your Immortal Throne Resources folder?

My best advice is going through the read-me step by step again and double checking you did each one right.

Another option is using the custommaps version at the bottom of the first post. You will have to choose it every time you start playing but the installation is really easy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't really help you with the resolution problem at the moment. I am still working on making a low res version and a high res version. Do you really play at 800x600? The only time I play at that resolution is in window mode while at work so noone can see that I am playing

Lastly for the character portrait. The element is tied to the health and mana bars (but not the status icons) so if I add it back it will have to be at the bottom of the screen. I almost put it were the shield is but chose not to since your toon was just a few inches above it. Felt kind of redundant.r

If this thread is still up, I have exactly the same problems in that the database.arz file does not change after you replace the bigbarsui.arz with the fanpatch database.arz. The artmanager recognises its there, because you do get the pop-up asking if you want to remove unwanted files, but even after building, nothing happens. Using a hash compare tool, I've proved that the arz file remains unchanged from the original you copy in.

I think this could be a permissions issue with windows vista/7.

This mod looks really great and I'd love to try it but I just can't seem to get it to work. On step 4, there doesn't seem to be a custommaps\BigBarsUI folder to put the original database.arz into. There's a custommaps folder in the install directory with the BigBarsUI folder which I put the database.arz into though.

I do the rest of the steps but when I run the game there's a white background in the menu screen when I select my character and it gets stuck loading after I select him. I think I did something wrong with ArtManager. Can someone show me where I went wrong? Thanks.

Sorry I have been out of town for the last two weeks. Visiting the in-laws

Quote Originally Posted by EVILB View Post
    If this thread is still up, I have exactly the same problems in that the database.arz file does not change after you replace the bigbarsui.arz with the fanpatch database.arz. The artmanager recognises its there, because you do get the pop-up asking if you want to remove unwanted files, but even after building, nothing happens. Using a hash compare tool, I've proved that the arz file remains unchanged from the original you copy in.

I think this could be a permissions issue with windows vista/7.
    I am using Windows 7 64-bit and have never experienced this problem. I have admin rights and UAC disabled though. Did you fully close the Art Manger before you copied and renamed the file? I always make sure to close art manager before I manipulate any of the files in the working folder or custom maps folder. I have run into problems before when I didn't completely exit.

You can also use the custom maps version of the mod which does not require any work with the art manager.

Khyour
    This mod looks really great and I'd love to try it but I just can't seem to get it to work. On step 4, there doesn't seem to be a custommaps\BigBarsUI folder to put the original database.arz into. There's a custommaps folder in the install directory with the BigBarsUI folder which I put the database.arz into though.

I do the rest of the steps but when I run the game there's a white background in the menu screen when I select my character and it gets stuck loading after I select him. I think I did something wrong with ArtManager. Can someone show me where I went wrong? Thanks.
    There should not be a custommaps folder in your install directory! The custommaps should be located in your My Documents folder only. I would recommend deleting any custommaps folder in your install directory, put your original database.arz back into the Database folder in Immortal Throne install directory, and run TQIT and make sure your menu is working and you can load a game.

From there you can try to install my mod again. All I can really say is to follow my included directions to the "T" and double check every step.

I also recommend that you try my custommaps install version of my mod. It is located on the main post at the bottom.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast