Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is a melee elementalist possible? Do I get STR or INT for him?

Traveler

Is a melee elementalist possible? Do I get STR or INT for him?

Is a melee elementalist possible?

Suppose I max Earth enchantment and brimstone, the Storm nimbus tree, storm surge, and ring of flame, squall and wisp. Will I be able to kill anything in epic/legendary and not die all the time?

Should I put points into strenght, inteligence, or life for such a build?

This build would end at level 45 or so. Still some points left. Perhaps into thunderball for the stun?

I have no idea if this is not crazy, so I'd appreciate some input.

Thanks

Re: Is a melee elementalist possible? Do I get STR or INT for him?

It's a tough character to play as, but it is very much possible. I've got one of these, but I haven't played as her in ages. She's in act 3 epic right now, and up to now she only really struggled on act 4 normal (which is a pretty hard act overall).

My one went for an approximate attributes ratio of 2:4:1 in str:int:dex respectively. However I think a few points in health were also there. But yeah, intelligence is your best friend. In fact most of the time you will be casting spells, and once you've weakened enemies, you come up and finish them off with melee.

koldFUSiON

Post Re: Is a melee elementalist possible? Do I get STR or INT for him?

Heya

Alright here I am .

I agree with Matt there and actually a melee Elementalist is a very fun build.

My build looks something like this: http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...-0-0-12-8-12-0

My stats looks something like this: hp: 4000 something; mp: about 15 points into that; str: 400 something; int: not much not much points into int when you're still at normal(let Spectral Matter take care of that (upgrade your amulets and rings with it)) start distributing a lots in epic and so on; dex: 300 something.

...for your gear: Anything useful (check this two links: http://www.gamebanshee.com/titanquest/setitems.php and http://www.gamebanshee.com/titanquest/equipment.php) Note! there is not any specific gear to use like other builds, just use anything useful that you can get your hands on (if I were you, I would try to get the Vestments of the Battlemage set and a good sword (Silence)/spear (Peleus' Ashen Spear) and shield (Aionios)) !

If you have any more questions, please let me know .

kold

Kold, how come you have hardly any points in intelligence if you're using a lot of elemental skills such as Eruption, Ice shards and Eye of the storm?

But yeah, gear that benefits both the melee and the spellcasting aspects of your character is really helpful, like Kold mentioned Vestments of the battlemage comes very handy. And for the weapons, swords would be your best friends, since you're not likely to have enough strength to wield clubs or axes, and not enough dex to wield spears. Not good ones anyway.

@Pijus

It is crazy, but it is also possible.
    You should be aware, though, that this is the equivalent of making a melee Sorc in Diablo: While killing stuff is only a matter of time, you definitely will die a lot if you want to go through all difficulties.

You would be fighting melee with two masteries made for spellcasting, Earth adding almost nothing to help with it, and no way of hitting more than one enemy at a time.

So the fun comes from the challenge of making it in spite of those bad circumstances. But if that is what you like, no prob.

Traveler

What about ring of fire? That+eye of the storm. I don't suppose the retaliation skills from the storm tree will be much use? I was also thinking about getting thunderball(instead of ice shards) for it's stun.

It's decent with lots of int, but it will still take longer to kill the harder enemies than they need to kill you.
    Unless you stoneform, that is.

Storm surge + Ring of Fire can be a nice aura combo. Throw in a Squall every time you fight a big mob and they'll be greatly weakened.

I'd definitely advise thunderball. If you want to utilise just the stun feature then 1 pt in the skill and 1 in its synergy will suffice. But if you want to utilise the lightning damage aspect, then better to pick chain lightning tree.

koldFUSiON

@Matseb2611: Oh, shoot! Sorry about that, I started with the next stat before I even finished up the previous one?! Lol, anyway, I edited it correct just now (how I did with my char). Thanx for telling me btw .

Oh yeah, and please note that when I first started with my melee Elementalist, I distributed one point into earth enchantment and then maxed both my masteries first.

kold

No problem. I think with my elementalist I started giving int from the beginning. I used to go with int and str at first, then started adding a bit in dex, and then later in epic or late normal let int shoot ahead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast