Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What if...

Re: What if...

I don't want a Utopia.

A world as one unified nation would still have issues, rebellion, and whatnot. But I think that this would drastically decrease crime, war, and all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
    The only way to achieve world peace is by nuking every last human to death. No more suffering, no more death, no more pain. Because there is no more to be had.

The world isn't getting any brighter as it is
    *cough*Hydrogen bombs are more powerful, the word ''nukes'' might sound better but hydro bombs were made later and make bigger booms.

only downside is no radiation but you wanna end someones life(or the planet in this case)use a hydro bomb but do it when the clock strikes midnight

EDIT:dammit it wont let me upload a picture of the doomsday clock

Well, right now its 6 minutes to midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by ginum View Post
    *cough*Hydrogen bombs are more powerful, the word ''nukes'' might sound better but hydro bombs were made later and make bigger booms.
    That could well be.. I don't have too much knowledge concerning explosives
    Perhaps a virus would work better.. or somehow destabilizing the earth's core. Oh well.

Anyway, if we all decided to join up together now, I'm pretty sure the world economy would fail miserably and we'd be all pulled down. It should go slowly and I think the earth is indeed moving slowly in that direction. The earth seems to be chunked up in ever-growing portions. The US, China (which is going through a lot of economic growth changes), the EU (which is (usually) expanding) and than perhaps the United Arab Emirates (not sure if that really qualifies as one, don't know enough about it). Perhaps there's more, I don't know.

We'll see how that fares.

Guys if alien attack (The word IF is the most important here)the earth will unite...

Quote Originally Posted by ginum View Post
    Btw, isn't the H-bomb a nuke itself?

Guys if alien attack (The word IF is the most important here) the earth will unite...
    That's what Ozymandias thought.

It's funny how a common enemy seems to be indispensable in making greater numbers of people work together.
    Maybe because positive goals have a higher common denominator... and too many selfish (short-timed) interests conflicting with them.

Quote Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
    Btw, isn't the H-bomb a nuke itself?
    guess you are right...

''The second basic type of nuclear weapon produces a large amount of its energy through nuclear fusion reactions. Such fusion weapons are generally referred to as thermonuclear weapons or more colloquially as hydrogen bombs (abbreviated as H-bombs), as they rely on fusion reactions between isotopes of hydrogen (deuterium and tritium). However, all such weapons derive a significant portion – and sometimes a majority – of their energy from fission (including fission induced by neutrons from fusion reactions). Unlike fission weapons, there are no inherent limits on the energy released by thermonuclear weapons. Only six countries—United States, Russia, United Kingdom, People's Republic of China, France and India—have conducted thermonuclear weapon tests. (Whether India has detonated a "true," multi-staged thermonuclear weapon is controversial.)''

It cames classified as a nuke but also thermonuclear weapon.

I find it odd how Germany haven't fired one yet. I guess with the Cold War they weren't a unified country and now there are a lot of laws to stop them being tested.
    Have you found a spambot or a member acting strangely on this site? Then report them to our Site Staff here!
    -6000 posts reached on 30th July 2013-
    -Moderator at titanquest.net since 18th June 2011-
    -These sites here and here help kill spam-
    -The MANBots were defeated on 30th June 2013-

Germany started BOTH of the previous world wars, how'd you think people would react if they started testing nukes now?

And no, I'm not in favor of the united nation thing. Nature is built up entirely balanced based on different counterparts. Herbivores - Carnivores, Protons - Electrons, Intelligence - Ignorance. To create stability two differing sources must be in balance and I don't think a united nation would work.

First of all, the utterly horrible culture that is america would spread worldwide. All other cultures would be eliminated and the rebellions would by far override the the wars to come the nearest future. If america tried to occupy for example russia, I think they'd at least go out with a bang or 100 (think nukes). It would be the end of the world as we know it.

Second of all, I think natuionality is an important trait of the world. It is currently in balance, but if a worldwide occupation was to occur, all export/import would for a time be hassled, and that brief time could completely unbalance the economy of the world together with other similar happenings.

That's just my 2 cents.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345