Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What if...

Re: What if...

I think that world peace is unrealiatic, but nuking is into oblivian won't help.

Why not?

I'm not suggesting to do that, but it'd be the only guaranteed way to achieve a state of serenity.

By nukin everything, there would Brno serenity. The world would be a charred mess and most if not all living thongs would be dead. That incldes animals.

So by using one of the mankind's worst inventions, weapons of mass destruction, there would be serenity?

Yup. Why so surprised? Humankind always uses violence to attain peace.. that's actually exactly what's being done with nukes.

You gotta make sure no human survives though, else it'll start all over again.

No matter how nice it would be for the entire world to become one, it will never happen. It is in our nature to destroy and wage war. And to be worse, large profit is made from warfare.
    We don't have to unite, just avoiding conflicts would be nice.
    My Legendary heroes:

Slight Improvements Mod

Asheron. You are very likely to be wrong in my opinion. How can you say that it will _never_ happen?

I am pretty sure that the world humans live in in after say, 500 hundred years is much different.

Not to talk about thousands of years. If our race hasn't killed itself by then, technology must be quite **** advanced. Humans may have even invented immortality by then! (some kind of symbiosis with robots like very small "nano-bugs" from movies or something).

Our technology already is advanced. We have the means and resources to provide food, water, shelter and even healthcare to everyone on this planet.

The problem is that (like in many things), our brains and instincts are not designed for this kind of scenario. They would have to be overcome by reason.

Just like communism is basically a good idea in theory, but fails when attempted with human beings.
    There are game theory models that actually prove why this has to happen.

I've just never understood the concept of having countries. I also don't understand how countries like Haiti can be so impoverished.

There isn't a day that goes by where I don't stop, think and realize how trivial the important things are in my life. I care about what I wear and having nice things when people all over the world are struck by famine and genocide and life threatening disease.

We SHOULD unite. If we don't change the way we live, then we're doomed to forever endure hardships like war.

Peace, although nice (though I think severely overrated), has to be kept.

How do you keep the bullies at bay? The easiest way is by being a bigger bullie. A somewhat more dangerous way is by having a bigger stick than them and hope they won't attack you or cooperate with other bullies.
    Something that doesn't work is not having a stick. Because the bullies will beat you - and probably to death if they can. Well, that's perhaps the best solution, as you'll be freed from the retarded world and they'll be left behind thinking of what they've done and perhaps have a negligible chance at repenting it. But still, there's precious few people who are willing to make that sacrifice, if any at all.

1) Peace is not overrated.

2) No one has every seriously bullied me in school, but fighting violence with violence is in my opinion... idiotic. Think about that.

3)The world isn't really as bad as you're making it out to be Yerk, nor is humanity. Just because certain people are horrible, doesn't mean us as a whole are. I actually enjoy living, so I hope that you're never elected into any sort of important governmental position.

4) You need a therapist.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast