Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What if...

What if...

America decided to take over the world? And what if it teamed up with other powerful countries like China, Russia, France, Britain, Germany, and Brazil... How would this play down? What would be their reasoning?

I've always kind of wondered this.

I think that if the U.S. did take this stance, it would be for something righteous. Kind of like, yes lots of people may die, but the end result [Paradise] will be worth it. I don't think it'll go the Germany-route and kill a bunch people of a certain group. I think they'll do it to unite the world under one leadership, like a world wide country. One type of money. Help the areas of the world in need (ex 3rd world countries) and stomp out all those evil dictators.

No theocracy, so for those anti-this for loosing rights, its the U.S. leading.

I've always wondered why we had to be so split up.

Hmm, going off topic.

Anyway, I've just always liked to play pretend and see the United States march into some evil country and take it over.

Re: What if...

if america, or any country for that matter, tried to do that it would backfire horribly. there would be massive revolts, wars against countries who are against it, etc. any country that tried to "take over the world" would end up destroying itself. the reason for the takeover would not matter, other countries wouldnt just stand idly by and watch.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    There's battle lines being drawn
    Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
    Young people speaking their minds
    Getting so much resistance from behind
    I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
    Everybody look what's going down

Okay... so this is more of a fantasy than a debate for me. I've always wanted to be part of World Domination. Except, my ideal America takes over the world would be for different reasons.

I mean, "what if...", somehow the world came to terms of agreement and we all became one big happy family.

It could possibly mean no more war... We wouldn't have to fight for anything.

EDIT; nvm...

Couldn't you have deleted the post all together Yerk

Edit- My iPhone's autospell makes Yerk into Yeti, sorry.

I think that if the U.S. did take this stance, it would be for something righteous. Kind of like, yes lots of people may die, but the end result [Paradise] will be worth it. ... Help the areas of the world in need (ex 3rd world countries) and stomp out all those evil dictators.
    That's what they woluld say, for sure. Like they do today. The only way to end "The Terrorism", or somethnig along those lines.

But you don't believe those are the reasons, do you?

I would want to believe those reasons, but I'm not that naive. Then again must you be so cynical?

Act 5 Project member

There's a lot of things I don't like, and the concept of "nations" is among them...

Humankind would work without any form of national idendity as well. If America "took over the world", humanity would turn into one "state", thus losing that idendity.

No more "We are Bromborian, and we hate Gogllians!" or "We, as Crappingtons, declare war against ****hampton's government!". On paper that sounds pretty good, in practice it wouldn't work though.

However, in case America's (or any other powerful countrie's) inhabitants and government would be perfect in terms of moral, reasoning etc., I'd actually like to see that happen.

Its a dream that will never come true.

I just don't see the point of us all be separated by some imaginary line.

We can still have all the customs, languages, religions, etc. that make us who we are, but we need to be all united. The world is only get more worse and wars and all those poor people aren't helping.

Its enough with mass genocides and racial differences. This is going to sound really gay (and I mean UBERGAY), but we all just need to hold hands and embrace each other with hugs! HAPPINESS AND SUNSHINE> FAMINE AND WAR.

The only way to achieve world peace is by nuking every last human to death. No more suffering, no more death, no more pain. Because there is no more to be had.

The world isn't getting any brighter as it is

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast