Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Secret Secret Passage

There is a type of crash that can happen with too many units in the game, or too many units going active then getting split across map sections (as can happen at the satyr war camp, where the first half of the camp is divided from the second half). So, whatever's happening in 800x600, it's not the result of that. However, if you fight murderbunny, there's no limit to the number of maggots he can spawn, and if the fight goes on too long, lag will be the biggest enemy.

Now, as far as entering the source of all evil and suffering, Less has a chance to equip Pandora's Box, which will, when equipped, spawn 2 random monsters, and will continue to do so every time one of them dies. There's something strange that happens to monsters that are in another section when active; the game like takes them into some weird state where countdowns can get messed up. If you get plague on monsters, for example, then shuffle back to another game section, the plague will continue endlessly on those monsters (this will cause a crash in multiplayer). I don't know how it will effect something like Pandora's Box that uses a spawning class otherwise unused in the game.

You know, I just remembered, there was a spot in Lilith that some people couldn't get past on some systems. My exgf's comp had that problem, and she couldn't enter this area at all. It was 100% crashrate, regardless of whether or not she or I hosted the game. So, I went in with my character and cleared out all the monsters there, and she was able to enter. So, I suspect that, for whatever reason, this could be related to monster equipment, as players are able to sometimes enter 800x600 and crash later. I'll take a look at the monster gear and see if I can't find any correlation, and disable as much of the non-essential loot as possible.

I can confirm a crash in 800x600, but I wasn't there that long (was fighting Charsi at the time).

Also on a somewhat unrelated note: I've found that the (normal) game also crashes extremely often if you open the big map and then run through map dividers.

Hi everyone,

has someone screenshosts of these uber items (SupaBoots, Pandora's Box, ...) ??

Thanks advance.

Well, so much for the "fix." :/

Im in secret passage now but there is no overlords throne here just walls. Or are there several secret passages?
    Im in secret passage after "palace walls" the room just before a boss and the last portal in act4.

Nvm found out.
    Last edited by Meskalin64; 06-23-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Did the whole run in epic, in secret secret passage, and didn't really have any trouble with crashes. Also redone 800x600 a few times in order to find some loot or something.

Well... sadly I found completely nothing... on the whole run(s). Is that natural or just bad luck? I wonder...

And what about murderbunny the final boss? He was uber weak (couldn't even touch my char in dmg), and didn't drop a single drop/loot?? But for some silly reason he had enormous amounts of hit points so it was an endless battle. Just an endless hit and run... I found that partly true for all the bosses/mobs in there. Most were very easy to kite but had ridiculous amounts of hp/resistances even with plague/squall on. And I wonder wouldn't it be better to make the bosses stronger/have skills to actually dmg the char, but actually weaker in terms of hp to avoid the endless easy mode fights???

As for the easter eggs from the majestic chest after killing toxeus and the other caged mobs...Well they are funny in terms of ideas, but I found most of the items ridiculously overpowered for the place they drop. Hence I throwed them in the vault, they mostly felt like cheating if I used them... Especially since they drop this easily with just a few runs.

Kinda strange that I didn't have a single glitch/crash in this place, while I lag and ctd like mad after the temple of eternal love in the blood cave. Not to mention the graphic glitches with many of the vitality stave mobs and the blood beasts in there.
    Last edited by Radagast82; 07-04-2011 at 04:16 AM.

So I beat the Munderbunny boss and found the Underlord, but it seems there's nothing after that, though you mentioned using the Underlord to get to duister? Also if it's relevant the portal in the rogue encampment doesn't turn on. Are we supposed to use that portal to get to duister? or something along those lines? Fantastic extra bit otherwise, though

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234