Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 139 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2234

Thread: Titan Quest Blog

I got nearly blanked today farming fishies . Horn of Tiamat was the only fun drop I had-- what an awesome corsair weapon that thing is! Tip o' the hat to Defboy for his suggestion via PM on using the Horn of Tiamat for my bleeder . I am not sure I'm going to go for that, but it's certainly a viable option if he doesn't score a nice dual-affix Skinner in legendary. Right now, I'm thinking that I'm just going to twink the super-rare armor bits over to him in legendary, like the defiled Icthian Aegis, a lovely pair of legendary defiled SBC of guile, etc. It might be interesting to see how he makes out just using the weapons that drop along the way.... If all else fails, I do have some seriously nasty skinners and icthian harpoons vaulted hehe ! I hope he gets some of my usual good luck with jewelry; an arctic/volcanic ring of the osprey/owl would certainly add to the fun!

@Zaptue - so you're trying to make bleed/poison build? I'm guessing it's Warlock? Or maybe Dreamkiller? If he's gonna be melee (which I'm guessing he is), I'm afraid Skinner is far better weapon - clubs can't do Lethal Strike I'm afraid, and you need tons of poison resistance reduction to make it viable. In fact, why do you trifle with poison anyway? Lethal Deathweaver Legtip is best poison weapon anyway iirc. Care to share some details?
    My Legendary heroes:

Slight Improvements Mod

Hi Asheron, yes I'm trying to make a bleed build work out decently in legendary . I've really enjoyed DoT's in other games, so I thought I'd take on the challenge of legendary bleeder here . I'm trying dreamkiller first, with melee warlock as the backup plan.... It's gonna be hard to ignore poison on this guy, but I want to focus more on bleeding, mostly because conventional wisdom is that it can't be done all that well hehe. I was inspired by looting an Icthian Aegis with truly grotesque +110%ish bleeding on it... and that's without any affixes adding bleeding!

Quote Originally Posted by Irma2 View Post
    Int/Vit melee Diviner - just past Chang'an
    How much OA does this char have and what are main items providing it?
    Do you feel that you need lower OA than other Int melee characters due to having Liche and Outsider for bosses?

For example, Int thane doesn't need OA due to Hamstring, while for Int melee paladin it's one of the main weak points.

Got the Druid into Asia last time around. Plowing thru Xmax, the 6 of us are not finding too many tough battles anymore, then we ran into the Chimera... what a lovely shitshow that was. The AoE's just shred all my pets in seconds, and Regrowth is all but useless (on them). About 5 minutes in I realize I can tank their breaths and Lightning (but not melee hits), so I thow out the Nymph where they won't get her with splash damage, and keep the triple-headed freakshows occupied with Plague, and a few health potions (and lots of regrowths on me while they were in cooldown) got the job done.

Last night, I picked up the Magician for a go, ripping thru the last half of Act 2 Epic without any difficulty. Sitting here now, I realize I forgot to visit the Manticore, so I'll have to port back to see how that fight is. Easiest Sandwraithlord fight I have ever had - I cast 2 Eruptions, and re-cast the three traps once, while Cory took all the aggro and only got whittled down to half of his HP. This is the funniest-looking joker I've had in a while, the Vest of the Wandering Goat and Loration Greaves make her look like a tackle dummy or wearing a bear-resistant suit or somesuchnonsense

Well, these 2 are probably going to get relegated to Valley of the Kings for their respective difficulties, as I do have to put some serious time hunting some Revenant gear... which I have yet to see, so that could take a while.

Olympian God
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    How much OA does this char have and what are main items providing it?
    She has 405 Dex and 659 OA. Not all of the Dex comes from attrib points, I also have a shield ...of the Winds which gives +5% Dex. The only items providing extra OA are +67 from a Plato's Ring of Expertise, along with +35 as completion bonus on my Epic Mechanical Parts. Of course she also has +30% OA from Premonition at 10/6. So that all adds up. 405 + 67 + 35 = 507 X 1.3 = 659.1.

I'd like to get it a bit higher, mainly to keep PS effective. There's nothing worse for a cloth-wearing melee toon than PSing into the middle of a tough mob - and it misses. If I could get a Plato's/Socrates' of Supremacy with +90 OA, it would increase my overall rating to 776, which would probably be OK but not spectacular for end game.

Do you feel that you need lower OA than other Int melee characters due to having Liche and Outsider for bosses?
    Not really, I want reasonable OA for everything as missed hits can be hazardous to my health. The toon also relies a lot on crowd control for survivability too.

For example, Int thane doesn't need OA due to Hamstring, while for Int melee paladin it's one of the main weak points.
    Yeah, Warfare toons generally are fine for OA. It's the other masteries that battle. Although, I must say, my Templar does some very nice crits on Act II Legendary mobs, probably when Shield Smash procs. I've noticed regular crits in the 8-9k range whereas my Harb with well over 1k OA and maxed Hamstring only gets crits in the 4-5k range. Although the Harb still kills bosses a lot quicker. On trash mobs, they're much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Irma2 View Post
    She has 405 Dex and 659 OA. Not all of the Dex comes from attrib points, I also have a shield ...of the Winds which gives +5% Dex. The only items providing extra OA are +67 from a Plato's Ring of Expertise, along with +35 as completion bonus on my Epic Mechanical Parts. Of course she also has +30% OA from Premonition at 10/6. So that all adds up. 405 + 67 + 35 = 507 X 1.3 = 659.1.
    Thanks a lot for your answer.

After an computer accident which caused a loss of my characters, I'm planning to make an Int-melee paladin (untwinked), and the only thing that bothers me is getting enough OA for bosses, especially Hydra. It has quite low energy, so Spellbreaker can't do all the work for me.

Olympian God
    My Int melee Pally is currently level 51 in Act II Epic. She has 490 OA atm from her base Dex (just over 400) as well as some extra from a Sabertooth and an Aristotle's of Endowment ring.

Untwinked is quite a problem as you're unlikely to find items like Cerberus' Collar. Or, even if you do, it will probably be in A4L when the game is almost over. The best sources then become things like Hermes' Sandal in Legendary (can give +100 OA as completion) along with dual affix rings - Socrates' of Supremacy and suchlike. You'll probably be using Sabertooth as a matter of course, so that is one source.

Sorry if I sound like a complete spaz but I was wondering what you mean by "twinked"? I'm pretty new to the game, only been playing for about 2 months so I'm still catching up on the jargon.
    Ranger guide
    Build Compendium of the Immortals
    I'll lift you and you lift me, and we'll both ascend together.
    - John Greenleaf Whittier

Twinking is when you give your character gear and items you've already found with other characters, instead of only using what that one character finds.

Some people who like challenges don't like to do it, even though the game is designed for sharing equipment between characters. It makes it harder when your toon only uses what he/she finds for himself.

Twinking is a term you'll see used in pretty much any action-RPG with stashes.

Page 139 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast