Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear sir,

Dear sir,

I have been more than impressed with this mod. Everything from the improved in game interface to the expanded skill trees feels far more refined, more polished, than the original game.

I do have one gripe however, and I hope it is a solvable one. You increased the mod spawn sizes, whereas I prefer less, but tougher, enemies. The Double or nothing mod brought monster toughness to exactly where I like it, but I much prefer the skills and UI in this mod.

Is there a way to combine them, or will you consider a double or nothing balanced release with smaller but tougher mob groups?

Re: Dear sir,

Monsieur, Duke, Baron, Lord, Your Majesty.... All appropriate titles.

My official title is Delayomancer, Sir Delayomancer.

I hope soon to get Uber and DoN out the door, but have been busy with family and holidays and whatnot, so it wouldn't be before January.

The decreased spawning wouldn't hurt the game much; if playing DoN, it would level you about the same early game. Consider only that the skills have been reworked with an assumed greater spawning, meaning you'll see more crowd-control/AoE type skills and abilities that you might not appreciate as much in many cases, or find them to be a little overpowered and others (without increased spawning, you could likely rail an entire mob with a max bonespire, for example).

So, with that warning, and since it's such an easy change to make, I'll be happy to release an original DoN version when I do Uber and DoN in January.

Rock on Delayopheliac (did I say that right?).

While I can see how it may have an affect on AOE skills, The default spawns seem to be about what runs best on my system (i get alot of Lag even from the increase of the Underlord) and I would prefer that each fight seem like a boss battle than wading through hordes of fluff personally.

Anywho, great work here. By the way, running the beta 4 I encountered a bug. The spirit ability Relentless Evil is maxed at 16 points. And +skill do not put it over this, and if you have any +skills you cannot allocate to it unles it is below 16.

Lightbulb Re: Dear sir,

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy Fairweather View Post
    The spirit ability Relentless Evil is maxed at 16 points. And +skill do not put it over this, and if you have any +skills you cannot allocate to it unles it is below 16.
    That's not a bug, well not an Underlord bug. All pet skills was bugged in TQ:IT, in a way that they won't benefit from +skill items, if that items raise them above their max levels. So in some of the fan patches this fix was implemented.

Simply deduct 4 points out of each pet skill you see, and you'll get that pet skill cap. It's supposed that you will not place any more sp into skill, and increase last 4 points by +skill items (therefore making them usable). Keep in mind that traps too are counted as pets.

Oh.

Never used pets before, since there was no necromancer available. But man, what a performance hit this mod is with pets, my system can usually run TQ on all max video with hardly a stutter, but now the whole game is so laggy that if I had to do more than wait for my minions to kill everything it would likely bother me alot more.

The reason is pet skills don't work if they are a higher level than the pet, thus the ultimate level and max level are the same to avoid this problem.

While I maintained some optimization guidelines, the increased spawning means it won't run well on the computers it used to when the game was released. Fortunately, even a dual-core processor and a mid-range graphics card will take care of it nicely, so as your christmas presents roll in, hopefully you'll find it easier to play.

I have a 2.6 ghrtz quad core, a 512 mB nvidia 8800gt video card and 4 gigs of ram. Frankly I should be able to run about three or four TQ's at once, I am at a bit of a loss as to why my performance is so poor, especially considering how flawless the next gen first person shooters run.

I'm at a loss too, because I have the same system, and even running Uber with all settings max, I get great performance. I've had no stutters or hiccups at all with Underlord, except for a loadline in the blood cave right before the first blood witch, which is the point the game loads the entire cavern after.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast