Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Keybindings

Keybindings

Any mods out there to set key bindings to what works well in the game? A diablo style would be great, but I just don't understand what is needed in the game at this point to run the trial and error to figure it out.

Re: Keybindings

Maybe I should rephrase the question...

anyone have suggestions on how to map the keyboard? Seems unatural to have the button that lights up where the items are on the ground and the to have to hold the shift key to keep you in place while fighting so far away from the 1-0 keys to switch out skills and spells.

What do you all do to make it easier?

Appreciate your help,

I rebind select all pets over drop item to D, and rebind health potion to spacebar, and pause game to R.

If you have SoulSeekor's TQDefiler there is a mod for an ALT Toggle, meaning items stay highlighted as long as you want until you press alt again. I think SHIFT can also be rebound. Go to ESC > Options > Controls and see.

You can rebind keys in the options menu, no mod required!

Since I tend to keep my left hand around the WASD keys, I bind the potions to E and R, and frequently used abilities that aren't on my mouse around those keys. For my skill bar, I put abilities that I never need instant access to(ie. pets, auras, trances, etc.) on the first few slots, and I bind the later slots to W, A, S, and D.

I've always been a key-binding maniac. If a game won't let me (how you doing, console ports?) I get all mad. I have no clue how people can play with the keys spread all over 1-0, it really blows my mind. So, disregarding my mental problems and on to the topic, here's my config hoping it helps. All in a qwerty keyboard.

Q-R
    A-F

Two rows of skills, with the least usual (say, auras) in R and F and the most in E and D (index finger). In addition, I use Mouse 3 and wheel up if I need it.

1 is energy pot, 2 health pot, 3 select all companions and 4 portal.

Shift for stationary attack and alt to show the loot as usual (pinky and thumb fingers), and Space to change the weapon set.

Sometimes, when I need a lot of skills, Caps. lock to switch between bars.

And finally, X for the map and C for the inventory. I'm probably missing a key or two but that about does it.