Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [HOWTO]Create a custom item and get it ingame.

Re: [HOWTO]Create a custom item and get it ingame.

What i must do? Patch game to 1.16, download something?

Asylum write you what can you do, teach about modding. I can tell you one thing: Install Templates

Oh I have one question: Are you from Poland ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mniichu View Post
    Asylum write you what can you do, teach about modding. I can tell you one thing: Install Templates
    That's right. Without the proper templates installed(which you'd know if you followed the instructions on poinas' tutorial as well as my own art manager setup guide) it's impossible to mod anything.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

I've compiled my map and gotten it to work correctly in the game. However, though the item shows as being placed on the terrain, I start the map in game and there is nothing except the ground I'm standing on. I did exactly what you said and I'm wondering why I'm having difficulty getting the items to spawn.

Thanks ahead of time!

Rebuild your assets in the ArtManager.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

ok, i might not have looked hard enough for an answer to this one (but i did look pretty hard).

I can get my items in a custom game, which is kewl, but how do i get them into the main quest, or some other custom game. Vault sees the items but not how my mod does.

I guess im asking how do you create your onw items/edit items, that are in the main quest?

Not part of this tutorial, but if you want to do this, you need to build the changes into your original TQIT database, which I do not recommend doing because then you can only play with those who have the same exact build as you, which would be impossible to come by unless you share your mod with everyone. Look at poinas' xmax database example, what you need to do is similar to that.

Cheers my friend, thanks for the pointer =)
    I've been thinking about making a little mod, mostly just a masteries mod to be honest, but with all custom items, level style etc. It seems like A LOT of work, but a lot of fun and learning in there as well.
    This tute really helped make things seem simple and attainable so thanks very much for the contribution =)

No problem. Modding is a ton of fun, and doing so makes you kinda sick of it after a while. lol. But, I hope you enjoy yourself, and remember to ask questions if you need help.

Two things:

First, well done writing such an extensive guide. The list in the second part is actually widely useful not just for items, since it applies to most skills.

However...
    Racial Bonus, this allows you to choose a race among those which are in the game already, so you can't choose “awesome people”. Undead, Device, etc are the only ones accepted. For this, you can enter high numbers to give your item a resistance/additional damage to that race, or negative numbers for a weakness to that race. FUN.
    The last bit just cost me a few hours of my life, trying to make a weakening aura.
    Long story short: It only works with positive numbers.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast