Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problems with the Master of Chamoos

Problems with the Master of Chamoos

Well, i was going to kill in Epic the Master of Chamoos with my level 62 Haruspex, but i couldn't kill him no matter what i tried, i can't get his life lower than 2/3 (more or less).
    I tried increasing my dps from 500 to 2000, i tried various sorts of scrolls too and still i couldn't lower his life lower than 2/3, so i think it isn't his health regeneration. I can only damage him in a little moment per try, and i take his life by 1/3 in 10 seconds or so, but when i reach 2/3, i cant take his life down anymore.

The reason i post this here is because i killed him a lot of times and it was easy, but this time, he seems to be invincible, and i don't know if this a bug or a special ability, because all the minions of him that are very near of him are invincible too, even with scatter arrow hitting them.

Please, give me advice.

Re: Problems with the Master of Chamoos

I just got into legendary Chamoos, killed everything with extreme ease except that darn Great Master 666. I was running around him for about an hour and all the damage I've done to him was with the first strike when he still didn't have that blue shield around him and that lightning thing above his head. I must have killed at least 50 of his conjured friends (tiger, hydra and behemoth), but he never lowered his shield, not for a second. What is with that? Does anyone know what's the catch with this shield of his? When does he lower it?

I was really mad when I had to quit the game without completing this quest, especially because i got there the first time and you can enter it only once...

Thanks for all the help...
    62 Oracle | 62 Battlemage | 62 Haruspex |62 Conquerer |62 Brigand |66 Diviner |57 Slayer |19 Conjurer |60 Templar |8 Bone Charmer
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Kill one, you're a murderer...kill a million, a King.Kill 'em all...a GOD.

His shield gets lowered when his energy is down, I don't know if attacking him reduces his energy. Else energy drain will help and i guess skill disruption will work as well.

You shoulda played lilith 1.0; was pretty easy with spell breaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8FVQyWMOxE&fmt=18

Quote Originally Posted by Misterkill View Post
    His shield gets lowered when his energy is down, I don't know if attacking him reduces his energy. Else energy drain will help and i guess skill disruption will work as well.
    Hmm, that's an interesting suggestion, actually a great one ... I gotta get me some new items though with a conquerer that could be tough, i think

Quote Originally Posted by Munderbunny View Post
    You shoulda played lilith 1.0; was pretty easy with spell breaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8FVQyWMOxE&fmt=18
    On the other hand according to this video ... well, it just might be that you have to keep lot's of his spawns alive, so his shield is reduced, or something?

Ii gotta try this stuff..
    Thanks for the tips..
    62 Oracle | 62 Battlemage | 62 Haruspex |62 Conquerer |62 Brigand |66 Diviner |57 Slayer |19 Conjurer |60 Templar |8 Bone Charmer
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Kill one, you're a murderer...kill a million, a King.Kill 'em all...a GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterkill View Post
    But this won't work either. I used temporal rift on him and made his energy lower to 0 and even with that his health wasn't lowered, and like i explained in the first post, i tried everything i could for a Harbringer to do.

In addition of i said in the first post i even changed my damage with fire, cold, lightning or life damage rings and weapons, and with no result.The only thing i haven't tried is using take down for the %reduction of enemy health. I've gotta try that the next time, or change the char, the other ones didn't give me any problem.

I haven't tried it on legendary, didn't get there yet on my Harbinger, but that is how it worked on epic at least. I used Temporal Rift to get his energy to 0, then attack him a bit untill his shield is up again and keep on repeating that. I guessed it would work on legendary as well. I don't know why it wouldn't.

Citizen
    I'm posting here in case someone else has troubles and hasnt figured it out. This is how i killed him in epic insane lilith under 10 mins:

1) Equip a mana draining weapon
    2) Keep attacking him until his mana runs out
    3) Stop attacking him or attack his pets until he casts a spell
    4) Once he casts the spell immediately attack him
    5) His shield will be down and you will be able to get in a few hits before it goes up
    6) If he isn't dead yet go to 2), else 7)

7) Profit

He only gives 1mil exp, not too much.

The Master of Chamoos is a real buggar to kill (especially with my skirmisher - Archery and Close Combat). That blue aura makes him and his nearby pets invulnerable to all attacks. I kept drawing his pets away from him (they will stray after you further away from the center of the area than The Master of Chamoos 666 will). I would then kill the pets with my bow so the Master would recast them. I did this until I got his energy bar all the way down. And then I attacked him with my two Kythonian Razor swords (One has 213 energy leech over 3 seconds and the other has 180 energy leech over 3 seconds. When his shield is down, my swords have just enough energy leech to outpace his energy leeching against my lowely 60% energy leech resistance). The guy would still keep that blue aura up from time to time, but he finally died after a few minutes of being whacked with the swords.

I know everyone has different builds and items, but perhaps the strategy in my victory can apply to yours somehow.