Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Crate Entertainment with Voice Acting!

Citizen

Helping Crate Entertainment with Voice Acting!

I read a post from Mediarra saying they won't have much V/O because of lack of budget for its expenses. Well, thats where the many fans come in
    We do the voice act!

I would love to both help in the creation of the game and listen to myself once playing threw the it.

And the best part it doesn't cost Crate Entertainment nothing, so u guys can focus on other things more.

But we would need some good quality mics :/, so dunno if it will work.

Re: Helping Crate Entertainment with Voice Acting!

A free job is hard to turn away, but I don't think Crate will put in fan-made voices in the game itself. It would be nice, but if there's no voices, and text only, hopefully crate will give us the option to import our own voice-overs like we were able to in TQ. Then we could make a fan-voice-patch. Or something. I'd be willing to help though I'm awful at it and have a horrible mic. :P

Ofcourse, this is an interesting way for promotion

With my thick accent and 3 dollar mic I won't be of much use.

Bad voice overs are worse than no voice overs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
    Ofcourse, this is an interesting way for promotion

With my thick accent and 3 dollar mic I won't be of much use.
    Thick accents are great for particular areas! What would TQ Greece be if those guys didn't have those greek accents?

Quote Originally Posted by Renevent View Post
    Bad voice overs are worse than no voice overs at all.
    Well, just because it's fanmade doesn't mean it's bad... if you only get junk from fans, you could always decide to simply not use it.

Ooooo I have that southern draw that most developers love for some odd reason

Quote Originally Posted by The Envenomed Kiss View Post
    Ooooo I have that southern draw that most developers love for some odd reason
    in cowboy games. Every game now seems to be voiced by guys with british accents. Fable, DoW.. uh... well hm. Borderlands has some hick-sounding actors. IMO, accents are good all around.

Quote Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
    Well, just because it's fanmade doesn't mean it's bad... if you only get junk from fans, you could always decide to simply not use it.
    There's a reason why voice-overs cost money...for quality you need to hire professional actors.

Unless anyone here is a professional voice-over actor willing to work for free, it's probably wasted effort.

And I am not trying to say fanmade stuff is automatically bad, but voice-overs is definitely an area you really should have professionals doing it otherwise it could really detract from a game.

So? If it's crap, you don't use it. If it's good, you use it. Just be clear about that to fans. I'm personally not that convinced about the whole professional over non-professional thing though.

Either way, it's good advertizing... the 'wasted' effort is a small price to pay for the free advertizing you can get on sites, if you pick such stuff up right. Such things should definetely be done beyond the small reaches of this board, but it might be an interesting article for gaming sites.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast