Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leviathans, dragons, and devils, oh my!

Leviathans, dragons, and devils, oh my!

Yup. It's a bestiary thread!

What monsters would you like to see make an appearance in grim dawn? Please, don't mention undead, because there's probably a 99% chance they'll be in (unless it's something really cool and specific like the headless horseman).

Returning monsters are cool tool. Personally I would love to see those cuddly little eurynomus return.

Some cool and creepy monsters:

Re: Leviathans, dragons, and devils, oh my!

Khortos, I already asked medierra about the horseman. lol, iirc he said he didn't think it would make it in, but there would be some epic bosses like dactyls.

I'm game for the cthulu guy. Tons of possibilities, but remember, this is the victorian era. Kinda hard to find a monster that can fit that time. I think they will have to go with imagination for some.

I knew someone had mentioned the horseman but couldn't remember who it was. The horseman is legendary! I'm thinking of him as a boss who randomly pops up once a difficulty to challenge you right then, right there.

Anyways, yes, we need to fight cthulu. Super secret boss, unbeatable unless you have an incredibly godly character. And then, after you "beat" him, he just gets up and walks away.

I'm not quite a Kaiju fan, but I really wanted to see Destoroyah on this. That thing is just... creepy.

Sleepy-Hollow themed aRPG adventure? The headless horsemen!
    If they're going with the 4 horsemen, they can even use the same mesh and just cut the head off
    And werewolves. They fit the Victorian Era style perfectly.

I'd also like to see something as the Tree of Death, or whatever that thing is called. I dunno why, but there's something so epic about that tree. Not necessarily as an enemy, but perhaps some background quest thing, or even a portal to another world...

I think Van Helsing (the movie - awesome btw!) would also be a good inspiration. Although it wasn't a very well-received by most people.
    WoW's next milkcow is also using the Victorian, looks pretty good from the screenies.

Victorian theme fits nice!

If it's Victorian, forget Destoroyah, but put some sort of cursed people who look like monsters, and put a small village with gipsies. Not as enemies, but as a regular village.

Baba Yaga

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Yaga

Always thought she was pretty scary for some reason...would be awesome to have a quest starting in a town...townsfolks complain children showing up missing. You would have to fight your way through a dark winding forest and end up finding her house and killing her and of course saving the children (well...the ones she hasn't already eaten yet ).

I know the lore doesn't exactly fit...but it is a video game so certain liberties can be made :P

Also, would love to see Cthulthu (sp?) make it in...but considering his lore he would have to be the last boss or something.

Lol, isn't Baba Yaga already in an animated feature of Century Fox or something?

What about many-headed dragons? Slavic dragons had lots of heads.

Nope?

How about THIS one?
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5iC3i51p3h...20/redir-3.jpg
    Is there anything scarier than a creature that lives under YOUR bed and gnarls because it wants YOU??

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Lol, isn't Baba Yaga already in an animated feature of Century Fox or something?

What about many-headed dragons? Slavic dragons had lots of heads.

Nope?

How about THIS one?
    Is there anything scarier than a creature that lives under YOUR bed and gnarls because it wants YOU??
    I haven't seen the Baba Yaga in a video game since Quest for Glory, and I think there was a cartoon a long while ago with her in it.

Either way, an Old Hag flying around stealing children and eating them is pretty spooky

I am surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but why not pull a good deal of new enemies from Dungeons & Dragons? The Monster Manuals have a ton of monsters that are generic enough not to end up encroaching upon copyright laws.

We seem to be forgetting some of the monsters that were common lore during that era:
    - Goblins
    - Ogres
    - Wraiths
    - Basilisk
    - Salamander
    - Griffin
    - Mandragora
    - Bugbears
    - Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
    - Jabberwocky
    - gnolls
    - hobbits (not necessarily from the Shire)

I'll add more of them as I can think of some more.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast