Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mesh editor for GD?

mesh editor for GD?

will you consider making one available to the fans?
    if so maybe import/export plugins for 3dsmax/blender/etc?

example: new weapon/armor/monster made by fans

Lead Designer - Iron Lore medierra's Avatar

Re: mesh editor for GD?

Hi Heron,

Releasing some import / export pluggins is a possibility we will definitely consider down the road but probably not something we'll be able to include on release.

An actual model editor is a little out of scope. We don't even had our own model editor, we use 3dsmax for development.

-medierra
    --> This message brought to you by: Taylors of Harrogate, Afternoon Darjeeling Tea <--

Quote Originally Posted by medierra View Post
    Hi Heron,

Releasing some import / export pluggins is a possibility we will definitely consider down the road but probably not something we'll be able to include on release.

An actual model editor is a little out of scope. We don't even had our own model editor, we use 3dsmax for development.

-medierra
    Thanks for replying!
    I guess import/export plugins would work nicely, no need for a real model editor.
    A way to get our stuff into the game sort of a deal.

Well yea, I think asking for a model editor would be kinda ridiculous, seeing as we already have BLENDER which is free.(or was, haven't kept up with it in awhile.) A model IMPORT/EXPORT feature would be AMAZING. Something that bothered me with TQ, can't figure out how to import custom models, it doesn't seem to be possible via msh files...

that is one of the most important things for me as a hobby modder & artist.
    there is no need for great internal programs in the installer package. just a standardized import process (asistant or plugin) for external sources would be great! so many ideas and so many restrictions. trick a here and trick b there..that cant be the way how modding works ^^

Awesome idea, personally i suck with doing stuff but i like to include user generated content into the game (AllSkins *thumbs up*)