Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ice Shard + Persephone's Caress question

Ice Shard + Persephone's Caress question

Hi guys,

Its been a while since I've been on here, and since I have played TQ for that matter. After searching around for a while for a game that could compare to the fun I found playing TQ, I've realized that there isn't any until Crate Entertainment is able to come up with something. But I digress....

I have been wanting to make a Ice Shard based Mage for quite some time, and never ended up doing so. I know that Persephone's Caress grants a +102% Cold Damage, and +50 Health Regeneration/Second and is normally the sought after weapon in a Shard Mage build. My question is if Persephone's Caress is viable to use with any other class other than playing as a Thane? Let me elaborate, would the strength points you would have to spend be worth it (vs. straight Int build) if you are only able to wield one of them due to picking a different 2nd Mastery? Also, is there anyone still here that has played a shard mage both ways (Thane with dual PC's, and Straight Int build) that could tell me which has better overall survivability and damage?

Thanks in advance for any help here

Re: Ice Shard + Persephone's Caress question

If you made a Paladin, the strength you need anyway (and possibly reduction from Captain's Signet) would enable you to carry the heaviest of shields and make use of 100% block every 0.3 secs.

For other classes, I'd choose the int and some other weapon with nice boosts.

Persephone's caress eh... I have an tank oracle that uses that to counteract the effects of constant dark covernent(note that it WILL be hell to play for the first 40+ levels as you have to constantly pump strength/intellect to about 400/405 with boosters or use captain's signet with strength/intellect at 325/405 and you will need a 100% recharge down suit) However the effects of heart of frost, eye of the storm, unearthly power and persephone's caress makes the ice shard Uber powerful. Not something I would recomand to a casual gamer though.

A vault file can be found on the first post containing the required % recharge down items on the Uber Summoner page.
    http://www.titanquest.net/forums/war...-summoner.html

@mogimus
    Quote Originally Posted by mogimus View Post
    Persephone's caress eh... I have an tank oracle that uses that to counteract the effects of constant dark covernent(note that it WILL be hell to play for the first 40+ levels as you have to constantly pump strength/intellect to about 400/405 with boosters or use captain's signet with strength/intellect at 325/405 and you will need a 100% recharge down suit)
    Hum???
    He's just asking if it's better to put STR and use PC or stay on INT for the Ice shards damage.
    Besides I did Normal Act 1 to Act 4 with a Stormcaller only on Ice Shards, and a bunch of Attributes to put.
    It was one of my first chars and didn't want to mess it up.

-100% recharge for what?
    Ice shards don't have cooldown, you pump cast speed and what comes to you dies.

@shattered
    I don't know your gear, or what you're planning.
    IMO first you should see if you need the STR for something else besides PC, if you don't probably isn't a good a idea.
    For instance, if you're planning to go PC for increased Cold damage and make a uber regen build, that's the only way you can :P then put Leg. Viny Growth on rest of gear and Ankh of Isis and... tadaaa 1k to 2k HP/sec.