Act 5 Project member
I originally didn't plan to devote a whole thread to this little piece, but lufe told me to do so.
Another user *coughbonobo4cough* asked me to create a newer version of siegefried's massbosses-mod that works with IT bosses, and basically that's what I did. Moreover, I decided to add some minor balancing changes to make it playable outside the boss-farming-routine.
- Boss spawning of 12++, including act 4. Normal mobs are xmaxed.
- Increased hero and champion spawning. This adds some difficulty, as a gang of heroes will usually even be a threat to overleveled chars, and at the same time it is nice for farming.
- Increased potion stacking to [s]200[/s] 500. Just cause I don't like using the defiler.
- Increased number of heroes and champions
- As a small reward, I increased the chance to drop double-affixed items for champions, heroes and bosses...
- ... unless you decide to go with "m4ssboss3s-clean".
- In m4ssboss3s, I included MacrosBlack's records to make yellow affixes white (so that they can be filtered) and I turned "unshackled" and it's siblings into rare affixes (they were obviously missclassified) Link to MacrosBlack's thread
- Limited spawning of certain monsters (Telkines & Terracottas) to reduce lag and recover some playability.
- Increased spawning of others (for example DACTYLS)
- Modified some pools to enable champion spawn at new locations, and to reduce the number of pools that were forced to never spawn chapions and heroes
- added "m4ssboss3s-clean"; this mod has all the m4ssboss3s-changes, except for the increased double-affixed item chance. Both mods come in one rar.-file.
- improved layout of this post.
- fixed the clean version though no one will notice
- added magic filter to m4ssboss3s
- fixed unhinderes & friends
- limited quest-Anteok
- rebalanced the randomizer weights-values for m4ssboss3s
- increased potion stacking to 500
- limited Toxeus
Installation: Copy the extracted folders in your
my documents/my games/titan quest immortal throne/custommaps
directory. In case it doesn't exist, create it. It's a bounce-back-mod that redirects you to the original charscreen after launching per "Play custom quest"-button.
Note: An additional feature is massive lag. Moreover, the typical xmax-spawning-problem can cause a few questmonsters to spawn at unreachable locations. In this case, solve the quest in regular TQ.
m4ssboss3s-mod: More heroes, more champions, more bosses, more fun!
Trapfix-database: Unleash the true power of traps!
You've always wanted to create an expansion for your favourite game?
You like teamwork?
You're savvy with TQ's tools and/or learn fast?
Then read on...
Ho-ly shiiiit. I used to use the massbosses to farm gorgon cuffs and stuff, but x12 hades is suicide. X3 hades is suicide for most characters!
Sweet, maybe I'll use this instead of my own custom achilles-masochist-xmax-uber wannabe mod. haha.
I wouldn't particularly want to go through the mod myself as a whole game due to severe balancing issues, but I sure appreciate its use in farming. Thanks for fixing what my lazy bum didn't.
Thank you for your contribution to the community!
I think I tuned up the mobs by 25 x or something, and increased the difficulty by 100, as well as increased the champion likelihood to spawn.(though each proxy still has it's restrictions... too lazy to go through all of them.)
I'll post it eventually.
Act 5 Project member
That was the only thing pool I modified, was to increase the amount of Longbellows(because I really wanted a batrachos at the time.), on mine I think you can fight 10 at once. It's pretty tough fighting 10 Longbellows, I think the fight usually lasts less than 2 seconds. lol
Ohhh no. 10 is suicide, every time. Doesn't matter if you've maxed out your DA, or your Stun Resistance... even my battlemage who I twinked the **** out to get 2300 DA and something like 75% CTAP and maxed resistances dies in a few seconds from them if there's more than 2. She can handle two... if she's careful. 10 you gotta pull them, one by one and hope you don't attract any witchdoctors or extra Longbellows. Longbellow is a nightmare, SPAM DOOMHORN=WIN. I think archers and casters have it easy against those dudes....