Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DIII item loot similar to TQ?

DIII item loot similar to TQ?

ive been watching the video of the 4th class and ive noticed all those weapon drops from skels (swords). so i was wondering if the drop will be like in TQ (or any game that did bring this before, i dont know ho start with this) and the items that the monster its using drops on ground and are "pickable".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci5-oWt9mLs

imagine killing a uber demon using that uber unic sword, and geting it for you!?

[off topic]
    they still use the red globes for healt instead of potions. i hope this dont ruin the gameplay...
    [/off topic]

Re: DIII item loot similar to TQ?

well he didnt actually pick up any of the swords, so im not sure how youre getting the fact that you can pick them up. it would be awesome if they let monsters use actual weapons that drop on defeat, but i somehow doubt it.

as for the orbs instead of potions...yea, that has me worried too. i would think it will either make the game too easy, or frustrating to not have a potion when you need it. they did it to streamline the game for players new to arpg's, so im leaning towards too easy. only time will tell though.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    There's battle lines being drawn
    Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
    Young people speaking their minds
    Getting so much resistance from behind
    I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
    Everybody look what's going down

you rightm, i didint see anyone picking weapons. it was just speculation asfter seeing so many swords on ground. lets hope...

about the orbs. on blizz forums there is some arg about that. what ive seen on the videos its that the player Dev player almost never needs to use health bubbles. but its because they use cheater chars. imagine in a hardcore or hell dificulty with 20 ghuys around you and no life or mana to use?

besides that... i know that its a fantasy game and i should be working right now but... wel.. i just think its ridiculous those blobs.

i hate health blobs on god of war (ok there arent "blobs" exacly, but the function its the same), it just make the game frustrating.

there was some arg on furums were a Dev (blizz moderator) say that he prefer that the bloobs drop on certain parts of boss figths and so on. this will be too much god of war for me. and this kind of thing make the game boring after some time, you just sit there and gets frustrate wayting for those god **** blobs.

marvel ultimate alliance its a awesome game, but they use the same blob droping system. i dont know why but i fell like im playing a kids game. i just dont like it. >(

hmm, just reading another hands on from kotaku, and it says this:
    "This became even more clear once I started running into large groups of enemies. Running in, feet and staff swinging wildly, did not work. I was quaffing healing potions like they were going out of style, and I actually managed to die."
    lets hope thats not just a typo, and that potions are still in.

full article: http://kotaku.com/5344009/hands-on-w...ablo-iiis-monk

Healing potions are still in, but from what it sounds like they won't be as plentiful and their use will be somewhat more strategic.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/diabl...&mode=previews

Quote Originally Posted by Preview
    Using new skills will be easier than ever in Diablo III, thanks to a new combat system and user interface that seems to put a premium on skill usage over potions. As explained during the gameplay seminar, Blizzard developers felt that potion use was too prevalent in the previous game, resulting in combat encounters that were rarely more than wars of attrition because the user kept pounding health potions en masse. In another seminar, Jay Wilson, the lead designer, confirmed that the interface would not be customizable with mods; while this is nigh-on essential for World of Warcraft, Wilson said that it would be detrimental in Diablo III and was not on the table.

In Diablo III, potions will still play a part of the action but their importance has been downplayed, thanks to a couple of changes. The first are health globes, which drop off defeated enemies and will serve to boost the health of your character, as well as those around you if you're playing co-operatively. As the developers put it, the idea of enemies dropping health is one that will keep the player moving forward in the game, as opposed to trying to avoid combat. In addition, a new skill toolbar, similar in location to the old potion belt in Diablo II, will make your skills that much more accessible, easily allowing you to switch between skills on the fly. You’ll even be able to swap skills quickly using the roller on your mouse for even more ease of use. The result is a game you’ll likely be able to play almost completely with your mouse; no more hunting for skills using the F key on your keyboard. Here's one more important addition regarding cooperative play: When a character picks up a health globe, any surrounding allies also benefit from that health globe, which seems like it will encourage players to stick together when hacking and slashing their way throughout the game. To our ears, it also makes it sound like practically any class will be able to tank effectively (as long as someone is picking up the health globes and standing nearby), but we'll have to see how it plays out as the game develops.

I thought there was a 1 health potion limit per area or something, so only to use for very dangerous situations. Anyway, I'm all for ditching the crappy health potion system. Even in TQ, with the cooldown system, it's too unbalanced in favor of the player, which leads to overpowered one-hitting enemies to balance that part out. Both of them can hit the dust for all I care.

As for the What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get system, I think TQ will remain unique on that one. I expect unrelated loot to drop from monsters, just like in D2 and any other Diablo clone. One never knows though...

You’ll even be able to swap skills quickly using the roller on your mouse for even more ease of use.
    YES!!!!! that is one of my favorite features in D2 that no other arpg i can remember has had. i HATE using the F keys for skills.

Quote Originally Posted by ward_rb View Post
    YES!!!!! that is one of my favorite features in D2 that no other arpg i can remember has had. i HATE using the F keys for skills.
    That kinda bothered my about D2, I always roll my mouse to zoom out(yes even in D2 where there was no zoom) and instead i messed up my skills.

Agree...as good as D2 is, it's control scheme is pretty archaic.

I laughed when I saw how monk fights. Like from some Devil May Cry game, million of fast piercing attacks. Also, lots of light effects, some rune signs in the air, wtf. I don't like it, it gets too bright. Diablo 2 was great, was dark, climatic. What's this :angry: