Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What to do now that I'm Uber and bored?

What to do now that I'm Uber and bored?

Here is a thought.

If you have a toon that you are bored with because they own the game, try this on for size. I stumbled across this when my Harbinger was getting boring, killing with little resist. I started this when she hit legendary, and I have scaled back to make it less of a suicide mission.

First you need TQ Defiler.
    Select Mods
    Select Remove grey items, white items, and yellow items.

All the mobs are now equipped with green items! Yup, they are now very, very tough with much better equipment.

Now, if that isn't tough enough, you can select unique monster modifier and whoa ... hold on to your hats! Mobs will now have greens and/or uniques, making it really tough to get by. I don't know about keeping any items dropped, less you be tempted to cheat and spoil the game.

I don't know how to set this up as a challenge, but the increased difficulty can be adjusted to suit your taste. For now, I'm getting my butt handed to me, and things are not boring anymore! BTW, I didn't care for increasing the number of monsters as in xmax, because it would just level me up faster. The mobs were still weak individually.

It's just a thought I wanted to share.

Act 5 Project member

Re: What to do now that I'm Uber and bored?

If you think your toon pwnz the game and easily kicks every butt, you should probably download a difficulty mod before trying to make the challenge "harder" with tools like the defiler. If you think you are Uber, why not try Munder's UBER-mod? The monsters there will teach you wat is Uber and what not...

I though this was about the Über mod

Imagine Über with monsters wearing only greens and uniques
    75 Harbinger | 70 Conqueror | 70 Conjurer | 70 Diviner | 70 Spellbreaker | 68 Ranger | 65 Elementalist | 65 Evoker | 65 Bone Charmer | 62 Guardian | 61 Brigand | 61 Thane | 61 Templar | 60 Battlemage | 60 Warden | 59 Haruspex | 58 Slayer | 58 Champion | 55 Druid | 52 Paladin | 50 Oracle | +++

Guide for All Skills Attribute Guide Custom Mastery Guide
    ------

It stops being hard by the time you get to like character lvl 20. If you don't twink, this makes the game easier. If you do twink, this makes the game a little harder.

Act 5 Project member

Quote Originally Posted by Poinas View Post
    I though this was about the Über mod

Imagine Über with monsters wearing only greens and uniques

If I got drumdrum right, he rushes trough unmodded TQ and uses defiler to make things "harder".... if he already played Uber mod, he'd never ever complain about a toon "owning the game". I just can't imagine such a toon exists, lol. If his Harbinger does, however, I'll bow down in respect and shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kir4 View Post
    If you think your toon pwnz the game and easily kicks every butt, you should probably download a difficulty mod before trying to make the challenge "harder" with tools like the defiler. If you think you are Uber, why not try Munder's UBER-mod? The monsters there will teach you wat is Uber and what not...
    I was only suggesting an alternative to increasing the number of monsters. I tired Xmax, and believe me, this is a tough alternative(I'm not knocking uber). BTW is Xmax and uber the same? Maybe I just made a wrong assumption, or their was something that was stopping me from doing Uber. Hmmm. if I remember correctly, there was a list of questions about if Uber was for you or not. I wasn't comfortable about modifying databases etc. so that is probably why I have only played xmax.

I'm also not bragging. I was just trying to find a way to enjoy finishing the game with this toon. I just expected Legendary to be tougher than it is.

I like the ideas of some of the other challenges, when I'm ready to start again from scratch.

Act 5 Project member

Nah, xmax and uber are not the same. Have you ever died on your way to Helos? If you're not mentally prepared, there's a realistic chance you will.

And to install uber, you need to unzip an archive and run a batch-file. That's it. Go on and find out what awaits you.

And in case uber is too hard, go AldenteCore or Double-or-nothing. same number of monsters, MOAR! difficulty. And no defiler. (I always feel bad when running it, even if just do good things like show all damage...)

Quote Originally Posted by Kir4 View Post
    Nah, xmax and uber are not the same. Have you ever died on your way to Helos? If you're not mentally prepared, there's a realistic chance you will.

And to install uber, you need to unzip an archive and run a batch-file. That's it. Go on and find out what awaits you.

And in case uber is too hard, go AldenteCore or Double-or-nothing. same number of monsters, MOAR! difficulty. And no defiler. (I always feel bad when running it, even if just do good things like show all damage...)
    Yikes ... die on the way to Helos?? I think I'm going to be in big trouble!

I'll give it another try on the installation. Thanks!!

I too feel bad when I run defiler. I use it to disable Zeus speech and stack potions. I also selected 'remove grey items' so that I wouldn't be picking up broken items by accident. I finished Legendary with my conquerer that way, not knowing I was making the task more difficult.

Thanks!

Act 5 Project member

Don't be afraid. In uber, you start with a bow. If you're not too bad at kiting, you'll reach Helos alive.

You're welcome.

Edit: Stacking potions? Cheater!!11!