It was last year that I saw the epic musical "Wicked". It was amazing, but it was nothing compared to the book, which isssssss way different and much better (much more graphic as well).

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West is pretty amazing. Note, it's not the same as The Wizard of Oz, nor is it aimed towards Children.

I read this book again recently. It's kind of slow in some parts, but for the most part I couldn't put it down. I remember looking over at the clock and reading "4:30 AM"... I was like "WTF?".

Anyway, when I was walking out of the theater with my mom she said she liked the Musical better (I overheard some people saying this as well). But I was leaning towards the book.
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West – the full title of the novel – is a fantastic social and political commentary. A look at what is really good and what is really bad, and who decides. It examines how if one has money, power or beauty – or simply follows the status-quo - that they are often assumed “good” regardless of their actual behavior. Those who challenge authority, don’t conform to the social pressures of their peers, and think for themselves – are often labeled as “wicked.”
It was a great adventure getting to know the real Witch (Elphaba). Getting to follow her through her life, as a baby and kid, to young adult, and to her cruel and untimely death at the hands of the foreign Kansas girl.

_ _ _ _ _

Well earlier today I went to my favorite book store and picked up his other Adult fiction: Confessions of an Ugly Step Sister, Lost, Mirror Mirror, Son of a Witch (sequel to Wicked), and a Lion Among Men (Another book in The Wicked Years series).

I can't wait to read them. I kind of already started Confessions of an Ugly Step Sister.