Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warden build advice

Warden build advice

Hey guys,

I've played through TQ and IT a few times, but every time I've done it, I always start out wanting to try a new class, but always end up going with Harbinger, every time. This time I really want to try something new but I really don't know too much about other classes.

Looking over the different masteries and taking my playstyle into consideration, I thought that warden might be a good fit. Looking over Hunting and Defense, it's not that I'm not sure which skills I'd want or would be most useful, I'm just not sure how many points to put into each.

After going over this and doing this build out pretty quickly, have a look and let me know what you guys would change:

http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...3-6-12-8-6-0-0

Also, which skills should I go for first while leveling up? What should I be focusing on? Which attribute should I be most focused on, strength, dex, or a balance? What kind of gear should I be on the look out for? Any advice would be most appreciated guys.

Edit: What I really liked about Warden was the spear/shield combo and the damage increasing abilities of hunting, as well as pretty much everything in the defense tree. It's kind of hard to choose between the stuff in defense so much of it looks really good. It seems to be a tree that you could work in well with almost any other mastery.

Re: Warden build advice

Your build could do with some tweaking. Here's and improved version:
    http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...6-12-8-6-0-0-0
    I'm thinking that you're going to use a spear/shield combo?
    Distribute stat points between strength and dexterity 1:1. Warden is an energy intensive build so put ~ 2 points in energy to feel comfortable.

Hey Aditya thanks for the quick reply and input. So basically the main differences I'm seeing are +monster lure, more points in AotH, less points in Rally, and scratching Batter. Also adding the remaining shield passives up the right hand side. I also see you added Quick Recovery, I wasn't sure how useful that would be with all the extra damage mitigation anyway? Is it mostly for boss fights?

What should I be focusing on first here? Yeah I do want to go with a spear/shield combo.

Personally I would go without Take Down, or at least save it for last. Honestly unless you have a great way to reduce monster resists I would rather have Batter than take down. I also don't see a huge use for Defiance, If you pulled the points from that you would have enough for a kick-*** batter as well as some spares.

1 point in Herbal Remedy is worth it unless you have tons of poison resist on your gear.

Quick Recovery is amazing, truly amazing. Not just for boss fights, I cast it whenever it's not on cooldown. Unless you can get all the way to 100% chance to avoid projectiles and 2200+ DA you will find Quick Recovery very helpful.

Act 5 Project member

I need to intervene.

Aydita's build is pretty good, except one aspect: No one needs a maxed Colossus Form, one point + whatever you can spare in endgame is enough. Better max Herbal Remedy - it'll almost become a buff, giving you huge poison resist and a little health regen. I'd rather max Inspiration than CF...

Quick Recovery is good, because with QR and a good shield and a little -% recharge, well, you'll be close to invincibilty in melee combat and, depending on your dexterity, against ranged attackers, too.

First skill you should max is Wood Lore, then go for the shield procs (Pulverize is the most powerful).

Edit: Ratcliff was faster. But he's rigth with take down, too.

Agreed Kir4, I think I would shoot for something like this. That puts you finishing up the game at a more reasonable 62 as well. Once you're there you would be free to work on these skills, pretty much in any order you like:

Colossus Form
    Batter/Rend Armor
    Herbal Remedy
    Call of the Hunt
    Shield Charge
    Defiance

Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it.

Brother I like your build. I want to be able to do some pretty decent damage, I'm much more used to playing harbinger and it probably won't be quite as good damage wise, but a lot of great defensive capabilities and damage mitigation here. So in the end once I got to 62 and this template I'd probably start putting points into maxing herbal remedy and/or shield charge. I agree about cf. Take down I'm not too sure about, I guess I can always add points in later and spec out of it if I don't like it.

What about gear? Do I want to go for resists, regen, +damage, +OA and/or +DA? Or should I just try to have a couple sets put together focusing on different things, and maybe mix some pieces around for normal mobs?

Now the big question.. do I pick up defense or hunting first? Which skills are most crucial early?

Quote Originally Posted by Kir4 View Post
    I need to intervene.

Aditya's build is pretty good, except one aspect: No one needs a maxed Colossus Form, one point + whatever you can spare in endgame is enough. Better max Herbal Remedy - it'll almost become a buff, giving you huge poison resist and a little health regen. I'd rather max Inspiration than CF...
    I don't know why I always miss maxed skills that are better left at one skill for other better, more useful skills. Oh well, use Ratcliff's build.

For equipment, try to get +4 or above to skills. I haven't got any characters to Legendary yet, due to school.
    Well try this out:
    Tracker's Hood
    Tracker's Greaves/Athena's Mirrored Greaves
    Tracker's Cuirass or Breastplate or whatever
    Stonbinder's Cuffs of Alacrity
    Aphrodite's Favor
    Apollo's Will x2
    Spear:
    Either Fury of the 3 Amazons or a Veteran's(best spear) of (something good)
    Shield: Aionos or Ancile

Having said that, I must repeat that I am not experienced with gear for end game, and follow other's advice for equipment.

I would go for defense first for a warden. Building up your defense mastery and 1 point in armour handling and 1 point in each passive shield skill until you get to 32/32 in the mastery. Maxing pulverise as early as possible should be your goal.

Another good start you could do would be to take 4 points in hunting mastery, max wood lore and take 1 point in art of the hunt. Then go ahead with the defense mastery suggestion above, this will give you a jump start on attack speed and DA (as long as you use a spear). This will help your survival and killing speed a lot early on.

Ok, well I made the character and just started playing again. Thanks for all your advice guys it was very helpful, I'll post some early build specs in this thread.

I'll have to say Titan Quest is one of my favorite PC RPG's ever. It was a huge surprise for me, it was completely under my radar and I just happened upon it in Best Buy one day almost 2 years ago. It was $19.99 even then, and I just sort of picked it up on a hunch, I'd never heard of it. Needless to say I've enjoyed it thoroughly including multiple times through.

It's a shame that Ironlore had to go under. I'm very surprised that no other developer has picked up the rights to the series, a sequel with the same type of playstyle and mechanics would sell very well, much better than the first did initially if it was marketed correctly. It's pretty obvious how successful it is with the huge following it still has years later. I sure would love a TQ2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast