Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Item Colors

Exclamation Re: Item Colors

Quote Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
    This has been discussed a couple of times, though I don't know what happened to these topics; anyway, I came to the conclusion that it's probably smart to leave the MI's green and rather change the colors of the rare affixes. Since green is quite different (as MI's are different from regular equipment), I opt for orange - sure, it might be used by relics, but that's not something I see as a problem. They're rare enough to be visible, and often valuable enough to pick up.

As for the other thing;
    Exalted can definetely be in my list of suck.
    Succor is crap too

However, good yellows that should be green are;
    Unhindered, Unshackled, Un... (another variation on feet equipment).
    I agree that leaving the Monster Infrequents Green is a good idea we could always change the Relics and Chards to Light Blue like the Artifacts to make them stand out and use Orange for Rare Items.

I also Agree Exalted and Succor should be Yellow not Green.

Re: Item Colors

Oh, actually, I just remembered that monster infrequents hide the prefix and suffix, so you wouldn't need to do all that nonsense with the affix tables; all you have to do is take the list of monster infrequent names and put the color tag in front of them.

Unshackled and Uninhindered and (the other one) are actually rare affixes that are misclassified as magical. Exaulted ain't that bad, but succor is definitely succor. Less likes it though; he sees it as just 4% total damage reduction, which makes sense, but still...it's succor.

Act 5 Project member

Lol, first of all, if you want to know why I included the hidden text, check out the last few posts of my "Damage Conversion"-thread... I got punished for a misconception caused by a smiley, and it didn't look like Munder's mood changed in a positive direction.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't interprete the artmanager all wrong. I can read numbers and draw conclusions (and double-click on colourful symbols), but not much more in terms of TQ.

Changing affix-colourtags really sounds smart. Like that solution.

@yerk: What's your opinion towards +skill-prefixes such as "rogue's", "assassin's" etc. ?

Edit: Cr@p, I'm too slow. Two new posts as soon as I'm finished typing one...

I'm a cranky *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Munderbunny View Post
    I'm a cranky *****.
    Could be worse I'm on my second pot of Earl Grey for the day and I'm tempted to add some Scotch.

If Unhindered and Unshackeld are miss labled then by all means lets correct the error.

Act 5 Project member

Off-topic-spam:

Lol, I've had seven big cups of green tea with lemon aroma (tasty) today, and I'm at the verge of insanity. There is no connection between this fact and my tea consumption though, the tea is just an innocent bystander.

On topic:

Lol, "Ravenous" in all it's forms is a candidate for the "sucks-list". Life Leech per second is really useless imho, since it is... well... it just sucks. That's it. You know why. Little effect, outclassed by ADCtH etc. .

I'm not sure about Ravenous, what are the modifiers on that?

As for the +1 and +2 to specific gear - I think they're a bit doubtful, so I'd rather leave them where they are. They can nowhere compete with Divine, Hallowed or Sacred affixes.. (+2 to Storm might be nice, but +2 to all skills is almost double as good)

How about the affixes ".. of frost" ".. of fire" and such? They give like 5% cold/fire/etc damage, which seems quite futile to me. I never really played a elemental caster, so I'm not sure if it's as bad as it looks, but I definetely think they're green unworthy..

Act 5 Project member

[s]The "Ravenous Axe" I found yesterday offers impressive 54 life leech over 3 seconds (no second effect).. lol. Enough for act 1 satyres. But it dropped in act 3. More important: To make optimal use of this effect, the user has to wait a short time instead of killing the enemy instantly. So it's contra-productive. And it's even weakened by vitality-resistance... Every act2 normal "Essence of Anubis Wrath" is better.[/s] True, but cr@p. => 2nd edit

And about "of fire" & co.: It can make a visible dps-difference, but there's lots of better mage equip out there imo. Everything that gives +xx% elemental damage, +xx%total damage or epics/legendarys with +xx% (specific element)damage does a lot more. They deserve to be yellow, imho.

Edit: For the "+skills on certain mastery"-stuff, it might be an option to lower the level requirements. +to all skills is waył better, no doubt about that, but the aformentioned items are still far from being useless (thanks to the caravan).

2nd Edit: "Ravenous" already seems to be yellow. It dropped as an "Ravenous Axe of Frost" that got it's green colour by the suffix. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
    I'm not sure about Ravenous, what are the modifiers on that?

As for the +1 and +2 to specific gear - I think they're a bit doubtful, so I'd rather leave them where they are. They can nowhere compete with Divine, Hallowed or Sacred affixes.. (+2 to Storm might be nice, but +2 to all skills is almost double as good)

How about the affixes ".. of frost" ".. of fire" and such? They give like 5% cold/fire/etc damage, which seems quite futile to me. I never really played a elemental caster, so I'm not sure if it's as bad as it looks, but I definetely think they're green unworthy..
    I'm going to disagree here I do play casters alot and the elemental affixes boost damage by a surprising amount and continue to be benificial the higher your intellegence goes. Compaired with Accursed, of Frost is much better.

As for the Plus to Masteries skills, I agree that Divine is superior in every way however Plus Skill Amulets can give an important boost to characters especially early in the game.

Post Re: Item Colors

I was looking through my old Manual at some of the prefixes and suffixes and most seem right on target, possibly annuling, negating and nullifying could be green as they give resistance to all elemental damage.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast