Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How to build changes into your database - xmax example

Look at poinas' xmax database example, what you need to do is similar to that
    This quote is from that thread... Can someone show steb-by-step how to add item to the main game's database? With pictures for such noobs as I am.

I've got a little problem building changes into my database.arz. I don't know if it's connected to one of those mods: Underlord, Frozen World. Although I don't think Frozen World does change the database Underlord does and practically any *.dbr I tried to change exists in a normal and a drx... version. I figured the drx... is the right but no matter which I try to change (I've tried with drxgameengine.dbr, gameengine.dbr, drxbatter.dbr, batter.dbr) it doesn't work (And no, it's not the work folder problem and the database does change not only the date of 'last change' but even its size) I've tried several things already and I'm definitely at my wit's end. Hopefully there's someone who can explain to me what the problem is.

Traveler
    I'm trying to put a modded item into the database for my single player. Would the method be similar to your xmax example?

Well, I keep running into the same problem over and over: I build the new database according to the HOWTO, the filesize increases and I copy it into the database folder. When I start the game, however, everything is just normal, as if the original database.arz would still be there...

If I use my mod via "Custom Game", everything's fine...

Anybody out there, who has a clue for me?

My Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
    - Anghammarad, "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett

help !!!!!!!!!!!!
    how to do that with items ?

Just like you do it with everything else.
    Make a mod (with the modded items), switch the mod database with the game database, build into it, switch back.

@spectre
    Maybe you changed a part of the TQ database which gets overridden by a copy in the IT (non-xpack) resources?

Well, I was always working with the IT Artmanager, so that shouldn't be the problem. It's an old problem though, if I still had it, there wouldn't be a patchfix for the fanpatch I fear it might have been caused by the "Virtual Store" of Win7, or something else...

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~

TY for the messages

Well... 2 Problems
    1. Dropping
    2. short explanation for the item in the realy story
    sry i am german so english...

- - - Updated - - -

the explanation pls with the pathes for the items

I'm having the above mentioned problem again Dunno if it's Win7's fault or just the AM acting up, but when I build my dbrs into the old database it just doesn't work. AM doesn't output any errors, the file size of the archive doesn't increase and the dbrs aren't built into the database...

I tried using admin rights on the AM, but no success... Anybody got any ideas?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast