Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Showing monster resistances

Showing monster resistances

Under their health bars. Is it possible? I think I remember a while ago, someone doing this but I haven't found it when searching...

Anywho... a simple question, which I would like to see.

Also: Are there such things as immunities to certain damage types in TQ?

Cheers for now,

Imp

Re: Showing monster resistances

Well, mostal did it - but rather than putting it under their names, he made it part of their names (not very pleasing to the eye...).

There are immunities to certain damage types. Like undead are immune to poison and vitality (I think immunities can be removed by lowering resistances, not sure though).

I'd be interested to see Fire, Lightning or Cold immunes or even the sub damage types.

Act 5 Project member

Quote Originally Posted by yerkyerk
    I think immunities can be removed by lowering resistances, not sure though
    Yup, it works. Sapros + TOW + Deathchill + Soulshiver = Good live leach from undead stuff. Works with poison, too (though poison-debuff is harder to get).

So,

Next question then:

To break "immunities" does the monster resistances have to drop below zero? If so, could you just give the monster i.n.s.a.n.e. amounts of resists to certain things in order to insure immunity?

I'm looking for a way to show monsters having a chance, swapping up immunities in areas to make it a little more of a challenge to complete these place, and also to give the player a little more information about what the monster is like.

Not sure how this stuff can be integrated into the game..

Cheers for now,

Imp

Act 5 Project member

To "break" an immunity, the player just needs to get the monsters' resitances below 100.

=> no matter how high a resitance is, it will alway be destroyed by a -100% debuff. "Luckily" it's not possible to get -100%, at least I don't know a way to do so...

==> You should be able to give real immunities by distributing i.n.s.a.n.e resistances. To do so, however, you'll probably need to modify the game's database with the arcexplorer. I guess you'll get a detailed "how-to" if you post this question in the modding-section.

I have absolutely no idea how to make the resistances visible, though.

Well, I don't think monsters would have to be completely immune - but giving certain monsters immunities is something I'd definetely support. This'll make the monsters more fitting to the lore they stem from.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to properly show resistances.. (putting them behind the names, like in Lilith, is imo not a good enough solution aesthetically). Ofcourse, logical resistances should be deducable. It's somewhat logic that skeletons don't get hurt by life leech and poison.. I'm not sure what other immunities exist. Fire and ice sprites should be immune to their elementals, turtles probably to piercing damage, ghosts to physical/poison/bleedin/life leech/piercing, etc..

@ Kir4, -100% is easy to get ... Trance of Wrath and a good Sapros of min. -66 res or more.

Or I suppose you could go Ronzer's Gift with 2 Rings and Earth Shaker and The Shield of the Korybantes or whatnot... Or even just another Sapros in exchange for the Earth Shaker.

@Yerkyerk, if it were found possible, could it go into the fanpatch?

And yes, logical immunities should be there, like Sepulcher Wurms should have like Fire and Vitality immunity. Could those things at least get added in the next patch?

Cheers,

Imp

Act 5 Project member

You sure about that, Impulsand? Afaik, Sapros gives an absolute reduction, not a relative. And even if it would give relative debuff, that relative reduction wouldn't stack with TOW.

If you have, let's say, 100.000 phys. resistance, -90% debuff would still leave 10.000. Unbreakable with absolute reduction.

In current TQ, Sapron and TOW break every immunity, however.

If it can be made so that it doesn't disrupt the visual aspects of the game - I think we should definetely implement the descriptions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast