Heh - I'm not going to be making an unofficial patch for D2, so don't get your hopes up Just hope they fix everything in their 1.13 release
Anyway, I can't seem to find a comprehensive buglist for D2, so I decided to post one here with the bugs I know, as something everyone can take benefit from. If you play a game where you really invest in a character, I think you should at least know what the more serious bugs are.
Also nice for those whiners out there who think Titan Quest [S]is[/S] was very bugged - believe me, it is not that bugged compared to other games. Some bugs are completely destroying certain builds/skills.
Feel free to add bugs and I should update the list.
- Poison Dagger bug - when you have a dagger equipped and select poison dagger, than replace that weapon with another, the AR rating seems to be retained, however, this is just a display issue
- Dodge/Avoid/Evade bug. Fend misses all swings in an attack following being hit
- Inferno/ArcticBlast/Wake of Inferno Bug: These skills only do 1/2 to 1/3 of their listed damage. The animation for the area of effect is also misleading, as the damage does not occur in the entire area of the graphic.
- Hammers ignore Demon and Undead immunity
- When you level up, all minions that were not gained from hard points apparantly die. You can simply resummon them..
- Poison Javelin poison cloud doesn't do damage
- Added Damage on weapons transfers to Smite (either the LCS should display the damage, or Smite shouldn't get this damage bonus)
- Amazon Bow Tree AR Bug: The Amazon's bow skills do not actually get the AR bonus listed, despite what the skill description and character screen say
- The Charge Bug: Paladins using Charge who are hit at the wrong time at the begining of the attack will experience the attack being disabled. Saving and Exiting fixes the problem
- The Leap Bug: Barbarians using Leap Attack who are hit at the wrong time at the begining of the attack will experience the attack being disabled. Saving and Exiting fixes the problem
- The monstershrines in the Frozen Tundra as well as Arreat Plateau (near Tresh Socket) don't spawn monsters
- Sometimes monstershrines spawn a champion. Doesn't seem right that it's a single champion - as opposed to the regular hero + minions you usually get.
- Raven Charges on HotO (runeword) are broken - Raven disappear after about 2 seconds.
- Vampire mode (complete Trang-Oul set) allows you to go as fast in walkmode as you go in runmode.. (a nice addition seeing that a lot of breakpoints are increased by turning into a vampire - and don't try to break vases with a vampire..)
- The Min/Max Damage in Armor Bug: +min/max and +enhanced damage when added to armor in the wrong order will not apply all of the damage.
- The sanctuary bug- the +dmg to undead is not given to party members, but rather enemy monsters.
- If you talk to Warriv after you kill Andariel (in the same game), Andariel will always have a questdrop from than on.
- Players can go to the Mephisto by killing the Council members and get the waypoint from another player - effectively circumventing the main quest for Act 3. Players shouldn't be able to enter portals leading to the Durance of Hate before they destroyed the quest item with the flail.
- Keys for battle.net realm world event drop in SP, while there is no World Event in SP
- Ethereal armors get 1.5x bonus defense when socketed in shields.
- Creatures which either are lightning enchanted or naturally emits sparks when hit (various scarabs) add all other forms of damage they have to the bolts.
- Gloams Damage Bug: Gloams use their mana burn damage values instead of the proper values in their lightning attacks. This results in approximately 200-300 damage per attack instead of 5-190 intended for hell gloams. The damage dealt is pure lightning damage. .
- Tomb Vipers do massive damage (their poison cloud attack you with the vipers physical attack every frame) - although apparantly a Blizzard employee says it works as supposed, that dude clearly had his head up his ***.
- Fangskin doesn't drop anything in Hell anymore
- Nightmare Fire Explosions do high, bugged amount of damage (was fixed for Hell)
- Chance to cast valkyrie from the % chance on the new Runeword Peace doesn't work (previously it would crash the game)
- If your merc dies, he looses all aura's from equipment. You can fix this by reequipping the item, but the merc will only retain the aura from the last item you reequipped.
- Mana burn should supposedly drain mana based on their damagex4, but apparantly melee monsters drain mana based on their damagex256 (effectively always draining all your mana). This makes energy shield nearly worthless for pvm purposes.
- Lying Character Screen. Nuff' said.
- TPPK - certain missiles that are cast by a character that return to town and turns hostile, will damage the former allies.
- After getting killed, the resistance bonuses you got from Anya (10 per difficulty) don't apply anymore, even though the LCS displays them. Can be 'fixed' by a restart
- Two aura's granted by equipment stack (not sure if it's a bug or intended)
- Poison skeletal mages have an enormous time to spread their damage, but don't spread more damage per second - a lvl50 poison mage is about as effective (or less so) than a lvl 1 poison mage.
- The Door Bug: Sometimes doors that are closed really aren't and monster's and players can walk through them