Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Questions from newb

Questions from newb

I just started playing TQ, actually, this is the first time ive ever posted anything on a forum. But there are some things I am not sure of.

Does lucid dream affect life drain? Lucid dream says it helps things from the dream world. Wondering if it only boosts dream skills.

If you have a piece of equipment that says "15 vitality damage" will that affect drain life or just melee attacks? Vile ichor charms from act 2 give boosts to vit dmg.

In D2, i only used stat points to put on equipment and the rest went into health. Should I change that strategy for this game?

Thats all i can think of right now, but im sure ill have more as i play through

Re: Questions from newb

Put your points into Int if you're a caster.

Put into Dex and Str if fighter, or archer.. depending on what items you find. some weapons or armor will require a minimum ST and Dex requirement.

Health will rise as you level.

Re: Questions from newb

If some skill says it will give you an increase in a particular damage then it will give it to any of your attacks, unless:

a) it's a %ge increase and if you do not deal a flat amount of that damage already then the %ge won't do anything. E.g. Increasing 0 vitality damage by 5% will not do anything.

b) it's a synergy to an attack skill. In this case it will only increase the damage when you cast the skill.

For example a skill "Velocity" in Storm is a synergy/upgrade to Ice shards. So all of its effects, i.e. +% cold dmg and +% projectile speed will only apply to ice shards.

Lucid dream is a passive tree. So whenever you put points in it, then its effects will affect all of your attacks.

Like Piejack said, str and dex is mostly for pure melee classes, int for mages, and hybrids use all 3. Health usually does not require points. Energy requires those only if you run out of energy too quickly. Usually this is true for pure melee classes such as Warden and Conqueror.