Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Updating the site

Updating the site

First off, my apologies.

I wanted to delete the Titan Quest News thread, since that got a total of two threads over the years (one valid one, which I moved elsewhere, the other one being a spambot - which now rests in spambot hell) - but I also accidentily erased the Site News & Feedback Section.

This was never my intention. So, my apologies for that.

Anyway, I'll keep this thread up here nonetheless, to keep you informed about the updating of this forum.

I created a section called "Skills & Strategies".
    Furthermore, I created a "Challenges" section (in the TQIT gameplay), as those seem to be rather popular and keep the spirit of the game alive.
    Last thing I included was a "stories" section (in the TQIT gameplay), as there were numerous stories already written about our TQ heroes and their foes. If they get as much attention and threads as the "Titan Quest News" section did, they'll be removed (the threads in there will not be deleted, but moved elsewhere).

Re: Updating the site

Quote Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
    ...but I also accidentally erased the Site News & Feedback Section.
    Huh.

Would yeh lookit that.

Following in my footsteps eh? Today it's only one subforum... tomorrow... the world!

Tryin' to make ya proud!

I've inserted a BB code to embed youtube videos (also added an icon for youtube).
    You can add youtube videos by inserting the final part of the url (the strange code).
    So:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf9CC7NXeZQ
    would be
    Qf9CC7NXeZQ
    [YOUTUBE]Qf9CC7NXeZQ[/YOUTUBE]

Ofcourse, same rules go for vids as go for pictures, behave yourself or you'll have to deal with me

If anyone else has suggestions, feel free to tell me
    I might actually work them in.

Traveler

Well, you could add some sort of forum rules here. When I clicked the link in the "welcome mail", which you receive after registering, it didn't lead anywhere.

An idea I just had would be to create an equipment sub-forum in either Gameplay or Skills & Strategies. I see equipment specific questions popping up all over the place such as the individual class forums as well as the 2 previously mentioned locations.

If you don't want to make a sub-forum maybe one of those two could be re-labeled to indicate that it is also the place for equipment specific questions?

Dunno if any mods here can fix this but at the bottom of the main page box is this messed up string:

Within the Last %1$s Days

In the bottom of the "Whats going on" box

I donīt know if this has anything to be with the matter treated on this thread but just in case:

Would it be possible to create something like a specific section of downloads in the forum?

I mean something like a "applications for the game" library (or even a sticky thread on the head of the section dedicated to tools) where everything related to the game (all the existing Mods, TQ Defiler, TQ Offline Database, TQ vault, etc...) were accessible for all forum members. I guess that on the server of the forum there is enough room to keep all these things, and thus the risk that many of the links that currently exist become inoperative, and therefore that the contribution to the community could get lost, would be avoided.
    Last edited by Quique; 06-26-2013 at 05:12 AM.