Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Buglist for 1.17

re: Buglist for 1.18

LVL 20 coredweller + heat shield = giggles.

I have a graphical glitch in 1.17 (I had it with 1.16 too, which I had installed 2 days earlier to the release of 1.17)

The caravan drivers and enchanters on the towns are invisible, but they stil work normally. I can only see their flashy icons over their heads and the talking icon that appears when you hover the mouse over the position they should be occupying.

And another glitch I noticed is that every artifact and arcane formula I have in my inventory or in my caravan stash doesn't show properly. Instead of the normal graphic, I see a checkered square with small yellow and blue squares in it. I suppose I'm the only one with this problem, as I had it with 1.16 but no one posted something similar, and it's annoyingly noticeable..

EDIT: when looking at arcane formulae and artifacts in the TQVault item manager, they show as a question mark in a little square. I suppose there should be something wrong with the item's description in the database, as the same problem is seen in the vault and in game.

Thanks for your help!
    Sandokan

I had those very same glitches. Sounds like your IT installation was unsuccesful. Re-install IT. It solved my problem. As far as I know, it is not related to the fan patch.
    75 Harbinger | 70 Conqueror | 70 Conjurer | 70 Diviner | 70 Spellbreaker | 68 Ranger | 65 Elementalist | 65 Evoker | 65 Bone Charmer | 62 Guardian | 61 Brigand | 61 Thane | 61 Templar | 60 Battlemage | 60 Warden | 59 Haruspex | 58 Slayer | 58 Champion | 55 Druid | 52 Paladin | 50 Oracle | +++

Guide for All Skills Attribute Guide Custom Mastery Guide
    ------

Yeah, if you had a fail installation, installing 1.17 over it won't fix the problem.

And when you installed 1.16, you didn't by chance happen to use a very old installer, did you?

I had installed the latest version of 1.16, just yesterday, and later I uninstalled it and installed the 1.17. Both had the same issue.

I had installed plain TQ, and just after, I installed IT. Is it necessary to install both or is it enough with IT? (newb question)

Only modification I made is that I cracked the game in order to make it work. I had to crack it because I don't have an original copy. Then I played with no DVD.

But the game seemed to work OK (no glitches) until I patched it to 1.16.

Anyway I'll try a new install

THANKS!

A reinstall should work for you - your creatures.arc was probably corrupted.

Since 1.17 doesn't need the creatures.arc (munder seperated the fanpatch input into a seperate file), there shouldn't be any problems in the future with invisible merchants.

The no DVD crack won't have any effect on the patch (though it may cause your game to crash in LAN play, but that is non-patch related).

Thanks a lot for your help. I'll surely enjoy the patch!

I wondered if the file was corrupted why I played without any glitch before patching... But anyway I'll reinstall and see what happens.

I mean, the 1.16 installer could have caused that problem; like I said, the very first 1.16 installer did just that, but it was taken down hours later, and this was months ago. It would seem unlikely that you would have gotten your hands on that faulty installer if you only went to install it a few days ago.

What version of TQ do you have? Retail, steam, d2d, impulse, other?

I noticed after intalling the 1.17 patch that the skill "Triumph" in the Warfare mastery now has 10 slots to put skill points in, it should be max 6.

Well, that's one of the bugs we fixed (before 1.17 btw). The skill 'Triumph' is a petskill - and petskills don't work if they're past max level. So, what we did, was to match the max level of Triumph to its ultimate level.

Unfortunately not the nicest fix, but a very good one, considering the alternative.

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast