Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What is an empty map?

Question What is an empty map?

Hi All,

I have been playing TQIT with the custom mod for the new masteries, (vampirism, sorcery etc). I don't seem able to play/access my custom characters. I read on another post that the reason for this may be because I have an 'empty map'.

Do you think this is the reason for my conundrum, and if so, can anybody explain what I need to do in order to fix it!!

Ta muchly,

Miss P.

Re: What is an empty map?

I'll move this to Masteries forum, as it's not exactly the right forum

Anyway, what happens when you try to play Masteries?

Hi yerkyerk,

Thanks for coming to my aid again!

Okay, when I try to play masteries, this is what happens.

1. Go to main menu choose "play custom quest'.
    2. Custom game setup menu, choose character. (Making sure that masteries mainquest.map is highlighted).
    3. Click 'start'.
    4. Does not load character I chose and goes to next character within the Titan Quest Main Game setup.
    5. I can play the 'main non-custom' characters but they appear to have lost all of their skill points. (I use the defiler to put them back in but this does not solve my custom character problems).

Any help is appreciated, and if the above is not clear let me know.

Also, thanks for re-locating my thread to its proper forum. I am still on learning curve for forums!

Regards,

Miss P.

I'm not sure how the Masteries mod works exactly, as I only played it with Lilith.

But it might very well be that it loads the mod, so you can play it with your original characters. If you press start, instead of loading the map, it will redirect you to a character selection screen, right? Just make a character and start playing from there. Once you level up, you should see the new masteries.

Ow, and if you play the regular game with a masteries mod character, you'll loose all the skillpoints. So be sure to load the right characters with the right mods (good to hear you're already comfortable with resetting skillpoints )

Thanks yerkyerk. That seems to work.

I noticed in your reply that you mention 'Lilith'. I did not realise that the new masteries (vampirism, sorcery etc), were also played in this mod. I think I shall have a go at Lilith and play that for a while as I love those new masteries. My favourite has to be Bestiary! Love all those pets.

Also, it is only because of people like yourself who help others like me, that I have gained any confidence in trying new things like, using a Defiler to reset skillpoints and mess about with my characters!

Thank you for your help. (No doubt there will be questions about Lilith at some point, so stand-by your forum!).

Many thanks,

Miss P.

Good to know it worked for you Bestiary is my favourite too (only one I tried tbh).
    If you want to play Lilith with Masteries, it's a seperate download from regular Lilith.

Quite interesting to play in a new world with new skills.

Thanks for the reply yerkyerk.

I do wish to play 'Masteries' with Lilith. I am not quite sure what you mean by "If you want to play Lilith with Masteries, it's a separate download from regular Lilith".

Do you mean that I have to download the zipped masteries file from PinkFrog, and place it somewhere within Lilith? (Sorry about being such a dunce, but may I impose upon your good person once again!).

Cheers,

Miss P.

Well, I don't know if you downloaded Lilith already, but in order to play it with Masteries you'd have to download Lilith Masteries Edition.

To avoid further confusion, here's the thread with the Lilith version that includes Masteries:
    http://www.titanquest.net/forums/lil...s-edition.html

Hey yerkyerk,

Thanks for the reply. I am already playing Lilith with the masteries and think it is so much fun. (It is like having Titan Quest 2!). Anyone who has not played it yet should give it serious consideration

I am also happy that I can manipulate my character with the defiler and make it even more crazy.

Thank you so much for your help

Regards,

Miss P.

No problem, have fun