Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Compared to Typhon, Hades was easy

Compared to Typhon, Hades was easy

Well I finally got one character to the end of Normal difficulty and I have to say the game ending boss Hades was really easy to kill. Once I had him engaged I was certain of victory because it seemed like he could barely damage me.

So it was a bit of a let down to say the least because I was expecting something like when I first confronted Typhon, where he killed me before I really even had a good look at him.

Re: Compared to Typhon, Hades was easy

Heh, yea, almost everyone notices that. For some reason though, Hades increase in difficulty outperforms Typhons' when you use xMAX or the Ubermod.

Hades' powerful attacks seems to be harder to dodge, and in a small room with loads of them, they suddenly become a lot more challenging.

Agreed, Typhon was a ***** for me for my first 3 or 4 chars until I got my Diviner working the way it's supposed to, but yep, my first try I killed Hades and was like WTF? It's over?? huh..

Quote Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
    Heh, yea, almost everyone notices that. For some reason though, Hades increase in difficulty outperforms Typhons' when you use xMAX or the Ubermod.

Hades' powerful attacks seems to be harder to dodge, and in a small room with loads of them, they suddenly become a lot more challenging.
    Well the thing is I never noticed any powerful attacks from Hades, like I said he could barely damage me and the entire fight was a cake walk, instantly when the fight started I knew I would win.

Now I am at the Knoss Palace in Epic and I have run up against a huge construct that spews fire and seems to have a foot stomp attack that makes my character tremble in fear. Its killed me at least 5 times now and it might take me a bit of leveling to get by it. Up until then Epic seemed easier then Normal difficulty....

Yeh, Hades is a pu$$y.

Well, unless you play x3. Then the bastards throw 3 of those ground red vortexes and you have to chug pots and run around like a maniac.

Also he has some skill when he turns on damage reflection and the you are pretty much your own enemy. Couple of hits and you kill yourself. Literally. I haven't found out yet how to determine when he has that one active (Typhon at least has quite obvius visual - the spikes).

Quote Originally Posted by Vansen El'Amber View Post
    Now I am at the Knoss Palace in Epic and I have run up against a huge construct that spews fire and seems to have a foot stomp attack that makes my character tremble in fear. Its killed me at least 5 times now and it might take me a bit of leveling to get by it. Up until then Epic seemed easier then Normal difficulty....
    Ah yes, Talos the Giant Nerd. He is brutal especially on Epic becuase you don't have very good gear at that point. Don't worry however, Talos is a bit of an anomaly, the rest of Epic isn't that hard (with possible exceptions for the Dragon Liche and the Manticore).
    What you need is epic stun- and fire resistance and a Battle Standard if you plan to melee him to death. Otherwise just kite his gigantic metal butt.

Some threads on the subject:

http://www.titanquest.net/forums/gam...lees-doom.html

http://www.titanquest.net/forums/gam...feat-them.html

Yes I have made it to China now and I am currently attempting to upgrade all my gear though I am loath to get rid of my prowler cuffs with the excellent +23% attack speed even though they have a paltry 85 armor rating.

Get yourself a Sabretooth and add Achilles Valour to it for some serious attack speed.