Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diablo 2.....I'm just not getting it.

Re: Diablo 2.....I'm just not getting it.

At least you guys can play D2:LoD... The laptop I'm using right now has Vista on it (won't let me play) and the stupid drive won't even spin the disk. Gosh, I miss my computer.

You mean you can't install it? If you already have installed it, then DL the latest patch, it removes the need for having the CD in the drive. Can't remember if the patch checks for the CD to install though.
    75 Harbinger | 70 Conqueror | 70 Conjurer | 70 Diviner | 70 Spellbreaker | 68 Ranger | 65 Elementalist | 65 Evoker | 65 Bone Charmer | 62 Guardian | 61 Brigand | 61 Thane | 61 Templar | 60 Battlemage | 60 Warden | 59 Haruspex | 58 Slayer | 58 Champion | 55 Druid | 52 Paladin | 50 Oracle | +++

Guide for All Skills Attribute Guide Custom Mastery Guide
    ------

The patch requires you to copy two files from your disc to your game directory (video.mpq and audio.mpq or something...).
    Something they might've mentioned more clearly before I got banned for using a 1.12 no cd crack...

Quote Originally Posted by Poinas View Post
    You mean you can't install it? If you already have installed it, then DL the latest patch, it removes the need for having the CD in the drive. Can't remember if the patch checks for the CD to install though.
    it's installed... everytime I try to play it says the game has known issues with this version of windows and won't run

works fine in vista for me. did you try putting the game in compatibility mode?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    There's battle lines being drawn
    Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
    Young people speaking their minds
    Getting so much resistance from behind
    I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
    Everybody look what's going down

im not buying it either seriously, never played any diablo , TQ is killing my wrists alone , i dont think even D3 can make me play another LMB game

Going through D2 a second time with a barb, I stopped at the third act with all the little tribal dudes and stuff. It wasn't that they were hard, it was just boring having to chase them all down.

Love your avatar Wookiegirl ^^

That's the problem with normal... it's so boring because of limited mana and skills, meaning no switching between skills a lot and causing explosions en masse.

IMO conc barbs are only for pvp... If you're not using the latest patch though, it should be easy. Otherwise switch to frenzy if you can, using conc for the stronger monsters or bosses.

Hit once with frenzy (every 5-6 seconds), then use double swing (level 2), only costs 1 mana and extra speed from frenzy = fun

I remember my fave pvm char was a phoenix strike assassin... the good ol' days.

Lastly, I don't know how you found D2 graphics bad... THOSE were graphics at their prime. Old school 2D is best... so sick of perfectly rendered brain fragments flying out of the skulls of every enemy shot down in modern-day FPS... Least D2's gameplay was way above its time too, instead of Blizzard worrying about whether their graphics were good enough.

Hey guys!! I got the game to work... There was two problems... One was a corrupted install and the other was the disk is soo scratched it wouldn't play it (would install it, but not play ). I downloaded the patch from the website and was able to play (in compatability mode). Thanks for your help

Zealadin FTW!!!!

(Paladin + Zeal maxed and a few other support skills maxed as well)

This was/is my favorite character class to play

There damn well better be a Paladin (type) class in D3 or...well there just better be! heh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast