Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: questions about skill edit ~please help me

Question questions about skill edit ~please help me

I edited some skills in my mod. example like this . I improted thunderbolt.dbr(which is a skill in mastery Storm ) and then changed the manacost. after built it and entered the customemap. There is no change.
    please someone help me ! Thank you who reply me question ...

Re: questions about skill edit ~please help me

The original skills are protected. In order to insist on those changes, you'd have to build them into the database, or make it a new skill.

Can be pretty complicated the first go round. After that you'll be able to do skill edits no problem.

If I modify the game skills, they don't work. If I copy the game skill, rename it, make the changes I want, and then point to it, it works fine (with the triple-load trick, that is).

I'll try to be explicit (I don't know why so many people are so vague and coy about this). So, here's what I did to alter (technically replace) a skill within an existing mastery (as I did to change disarm traps):

1.) Import \records\skills\stealth\disarmtraps.dbr from database.
    2.) Copy disarmtraps.dbr to same location (now named "copy of disarmtraps.dbr").
    3.) Rename "Copy of disarmtraps.dbr" to "DRXdisarmtraps.dbr".
    4.) Change whatever in DRXdisarmtraps.dbr.

5.) Import \records\skills\stealth\stealthskilltree.dbr
    6.) Open stealthskilltree.dbr and go to the skill list. In there, skillName17 is "disarmtraps.dbr" which I change to "DRXdisarmtraps.dbr".

7.) Import \records\ingameui\playerskills\mastery 5\skill15.dbr (note that while skillname17 is disarm traps, it's skill 15 in the ui section--easy thing to confuse when working late at night. )
    8.) Open skill15.dbr and go to config. Change the first field (skillname) to records\skills\stealth\DRXdisarmtraps.dbr.

He just wanted to know why the skill changes weren't taking--I'd wait to give the most complicated directions for making new skills if building them into the database is not an option first (a muuuuuuuch easier option).

My bad. Just trying to help for a change.

lol, sorry--please do. And I have only myself to blame for those complicated directions as I'm the one who wrote them.

Yes, yes you were :P