Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: a new player with some questions

a new player with some questions

first off, i got this game on steam for 9.99

wow wow wow wow amazing game so far!

i'm lvl 5 and went into warcraft, i think its called warcraft

i'm an old d2 player, and i loved playing on hell lvl

i really want to do the same with this, but i have a few questions..

in playing in "hell" mode, would a sword and board be that much better? or should i dual wield? i don't enjoy dying that much

right now my points are in onslaught and dual,, any advice on what other skills i need to focus on?

also, i have no idea what to pick for my 2nd class,, i'm looking at either dream,protection, or rogue.

this board is full of info, and i could spend hours here. i've read most the basic guides so far, if you see a faq that would help me, please post a link.

i've had a few crashes so far,, not sure why, i'm on a pretty highend machine,, i'll look into that later though

anyways,, happy hunting

Locq

Re: a new player with some questions

also

right now with a mace and shield, my dps is around 33

when i dual wield,, my dps goes down to around 26

whats up with that?

well the thing is shields do damage to. But im not to much of a warrior, i would probably take conquerer(warfare/Defense). Last diffuculty is called legendary and you should probably take dual like most.

the dps is not accurate dual wielding. The reason is that it is the average damage of your two weapons. It does NOT take into account that you hit with BOTH weapons on dual wield procs or that Tumult hits 3 enemies with both weapons or that Crosscut hits 2 with both weapons. Finally warwind hits I think 5 or 6 at max enemies with both weapons. If you use a spear with warwind (which is single handed) then you will hit each enemy twice with the spear, with the disadvantage that you cannot use weapon training with spears (this is most relevant to slayer or assassin)

Your ideas

Dream Warfare - Dual wield...still ok defense because of distort realities petrification and Trance of Convalescence and some dream passives that are defensive. A powerhouse.

War Rogue - Dual Wield or Spear and shield. Mob's get owned by mandrake if you manage to poison them all. Not a powerhouse. An assassin wants dualwield to deal damage to multiple enemies with the DW tree. An assassin wants a spear to deal more damage on lethal strike with max blade honing and in general more piercing damage and single target damage. Also warwind can be quite powerful with a spear and shield assassin. Plus get a shield duh!

War Defense - Shield and Weapon. Defensive Shield procs are pretty much as good as offense as DW procs. + you get the defense/resists of a shield. With the right gear one of the top builds.

thank you for explaining, i'm going to do some more research into dream to make sure thats the 2nd class i want to go

sofar the game is a blast

i am really enjoying it, and the best thing so far is that its kinda hard,, its not a kiddies game