Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cap -%recharge at 80%

Priest

Re: Cap -%recharge at 80%

It definitely appears to apply twice in-game (no other explanation for it...unless Divine Stalwart Alliance is bugged or something) but yeah it should apply to bosses in particular. The mobs should stay overpowered.

Dunno I just find that it helps to be humbled by mobs every once in a while, but bosses should be bosses tho.

Well, we can always add more "damage returned monsters in there", though that's a bit lame.
    I'd also like to have more spellcaster monsters with the ability to charm your pets (like the Telkine in Act 1). That'll keep players on their toes

Anyway, Sapros should be nerfed somewhat, it's way overpowered.

Priest

I'd also like to have more spellcaster monsters with the ability to charm your pets (like the Telkine in Act 1). That'll keep players on their toes
    Now now... that's not nice.
    Yeah, I guess it should be.

The one thing you need to becareful of is the run away "nerf circle".
    It goes like this X is overpower so it's nerfed to make it balanced = everyone moves to Y leading to Y being nerfed then Z then back to X.

True Saphos need a nerf but to what? I think about 40-50 be about right and cap -flat resist from items to saphos +10 max or so.

Somewhere between 40-45 seems a good enough nerf to me for Sapros.

It'd seem logical to cap -resist at either -80 or -100. With Sapros being nerfed, it'll already be a lot harder to reach.

I agree that Sapros should be nerfed, but it seems stupid to cap -resist, considering that it effectively gives diminishing returns once you get the monster's resist down to 0. Once the monster's resistance is 0, adding -1% Resist is the same as adding +1% damage. -Resist is only really good when the monsters have positive resistance. At negative resistance, every point of -resist counts less and less towards your total damage.

I don't think sapros needs to be nerfed. If it didn't do that resistance reduction, it'd be a ****ty weapon 'cause it does too little damage. The best part about it then would be the 20% ADCtH, which you can get from any devouring item between 15-18%. And, it still doesn't do as much damage as a thorny maul against the majority of monsters. Playing a conq now, I'm disappointed there's no really great mace weapon to aspire to. Sapros is good and all, but it gets hyped a lot; it's not so great it needs a nerf. And, if you did nerf it, there'd just be one less decent legendary melee weapon to look for.

And resist reduction doesn't need to be capped as items in the game are already very controlling of the amount they give out, and it's only good for high-resist monsters like bosses. If you think bosses are going down too easily, give them higher resists; but, it doesn't seem like a great idea to cap resist reduction any more than to cap damage bonuses.

Something I noticed about -Resist in TQ. Basically, it acts as a multiplier on your total damage output, as it becomes more effective as your damage increases, as well as becoming more effective as your enemies' resistances increase. However, Increased Attack Speed does the exact same thing, and is much easier to approach. Capping -resist makes just about as much sense as capping +damage and +IAS, I.E. none at all.

Also, Sapros totally is as good as it seems. No matter what you think, it's still a flat 60% boost to damage for 0 resist monsters, and it can get up to ridiculous heights if monsters have higher resists.

Sapros is definitely a top-tier mace, but it just doesn't perform in game as well as the theory suggests, and this is mostly because the vast majority of monsters don't have a lot of resists, and practically none have damage resistance, and if they do it's around 5%. And it doesn't lower monster armor, so a good chunk of your damage is absorbed anyway. The thorny maul performs as well if not better in most cases. With bosses, sapros definitely preforms nicely and all, but it's a melee weapon, let's not forget. The best part about it is really the fact that you get ADCtH from all monsters with the resist reduction. But, it's not the only place to get resist reduction. And since mace-wielding meleers aren't really looking at their elemental or poison damage to do the killing, it's just not super awesomesauce.

And this wasn't some conclusion I came to lightly--I made my gf switch between 2 thorny mauls and a thorny + sapros a lot, and she always killed **** faster with 2 thorny mauls. Even a DoN hydra went down in like 5-6 seconds with 2 thorny mauls compared to the 8-9 seconds (or whatever it was) with the thorny + sapros. 50% of your damage not getting reduced by armor seems to be a big boon against bosses. Of course, with battle-standard, the hydra was already getting -50 damage resist.

Sapros is good and all, but it's no where near nerf territory. We really should have good reasons for nerfing stuff, not just because superficially it seems awesome. I'd like to see some exploiting of Sapros that can't be done with any other legendary mace and a couple of trix--or maybe a nice rancor of harrowing with a dong and a couple of trix (would drop bosses faster than a sapros and is a little easier to come by).

How about casters, can elementalists, summoners, druids or other spell heavy builds even kill legendary mobs at -80% recharge? A caster is pretty much garanteed to die in two hits, so they pretty much need the ability to lock down everything in a rain of squalls, volcanic orbs and eruptions just to stay alive.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast