Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: [REL] Bugfix patch

Re: [REL] Bugfix patch

For more information about quest reward recovery, see this thread:
    http://www.titanquest.net/forums/bug...very-info.html

Yerky will update the patch info in the release post when he wakes up.

Somebody help i cant download the 1.16 fanpatch. Filesave.com (is it?) doesnt like me or something, it always refuses to load at the last second. Would any1 be kind enuff to send me via email or something please?

Quote Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
    @Vifarc; did you play v1.15 before? As I can't think of any fix that affects the performance with v1.16.
    I did play v1.15
    Quote Originally Posted by Munderbunny View Post
    Did you do a reinstall and maybe not set some settings back or something?
    Yes I reinstalled. I just kept the /My Games folder saving my character, and did the Caravan Fix before playing.
    We really didn't do anything that should have any effect on rubberbanding. I know previous patches dealt with the exe and dlls a lot, we pretty much didn't, except to change the version number in engine.dll. That's literally the only change that was made to any dll or exe.
    I can see this version number "v.1.1.16".
    Quote Originally Posted by Errickfoxy View Post
    my antivirus is claiming the update patch has a Trojan. Is the file safe? Did someone stick something in there that shouldn't be?
    I don't have any virus problem with this patch (Avira AntiVir Personnal).

So, I just went back and forth between 1.15 and 1.16 in several areas, and literally didn't rubberband at all.

One of the big delays in getting this patch out was that I wanted to give it a thorough test so we didn't have a repeat of the last release.

I literally went through every item on the checklist and tested it in game. I then went and beat the game from beginning to end with a brand new character (500% runspeed and 1,000,000 int + trance of wrath = 2 hour victory. ).

I then beat the second half of the game with a character that had almost beaten it (just to test the quests).

During all of this playtesting, I had zero rubberbanding issues (though, I did lag occassionally, but that's to be expected with 500% run speed, and no more so than what happens during normal game play).

And, again, a lot has been changed in this release, but none of it would affect video performance, or game performance at all. If you look over the list of changes, everything was done by changing existing values in the database and modifying existing quests.

The one and only change that had anything to do with the game engine itself was changing the version number in engine.dll. And that was done by simply hex editing the number "5" so that it was a number "6." The file size didn't change, nothing else was changed.

And, by the way, that's why the version number says v.1.1.16. Because Lued (for some reason) decided to define the previous patch as v.1.1.15. And that's it.

The first patch Yerky released was goofed, and it wiped all the creature records in the creatures.arc file. The problem with the quest log was not actually a problem at all, but just what happens when you change a quest period.

So, I know people are prolly a little shaky about downloading the patch again, and likely being very attentive to every detail as they play the game with the new version, but it really is fine.

Like I said, I delayed the release a full day just so I could double-check everything.

But, if people are afraid that the patch is injecting improperly or something, we can make a non-exe version available. We've talked about doing that anyway.

I'll go ahead and pack it up, and Yerky can link it to the first post.

Here're the patch files for people who are uncomfortable using the installer and would rather manually install the patch:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1850098

Just extract the contents of the zip into your Immortal Throne directory (Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\).

Doing so will add files to your installation directory, and overwrite these files:

Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Database\database.arz
    Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Resources\Text_EN.arc
    Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Resources\XPack\Quests.arc
    Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\engine.dll

Obviously, back up those files before installing the new patch.

Also, the engine.dll replacement is only to display the new version number. You don't have to use if you don't want to; it's not necessary for any other part of the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
    RAR opener? It's a winzip file...
    And how is it not safe?
    My computer wasn't opening it as a winzip file as it had done previously to the TQITFanPatch115RC, and I wasn't familiar with the .rar. Rowr?

Quote Originally Posted by Munderbunny View Post
    Here're the patch files for people who are uncomfortable using the installer and would rather manually install the patch:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1850098

Just extract the contents of the zip into your Immortal Throne directory (Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\).

Doing so will add files to your installation directory, and overwrite these files:

Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Database\database.arz
    Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Resources\Text_EN.arc
    Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Resources\XPack\Quests.arc
    Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\engine.dll

Obviously, back up those files before installing the new patch.

Also, the engine.dll replacement is only to display the new version number. You don't have to use if you don't want to; it's not necessary for any other part of the patch.
    Thanks Murder for the manual.

A big thanks to Yerk and Munder for keeping TQ alive!

Hi,

Patch works perfectly, no anti-virus problems (NOD, Ad-Aware 08).

Again, great job guyz!! Really appreciated you know?!

YW dudes and dudettes

Thumbs up Re: [REL] Bugfix patch

A big thanks to all of you for writing this patch and for all the things you have done for this community. I am really greatfull for all the information I have found and used that you have posted. I am glad there is this patch. It does a lot to improve the game.

Thanks again so much. Hope you don't mind that I posted this here. I signed up and stopped lurking the forums just so I could say thanks.

Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast