Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Great Game - Some issues remain

Great Game - Some issues remain

Greetings Ironlore,

First I want to say that I found your game “Titan Quest” to be a great game.
    I am an RTS player who has tried for the last few years to play RPG games, but could not really get the fun part of it.
    I tried Diablo 2, Sacred, Dungeon Siege, Fable, Morrowind, Never Winter, and many other RPG games and got bored by them very quickly.
    Your “Titan Quest” game is the first RPG game that I got hooked to, and for that I must say that you have done a great job.
    I also wanted to say that I do not understand critiques who say that your game is very much like Diablo 2, and because of that they take points off from the game.
    Your game is 10 times better than Diablo 2 in all aspects including the fun aspect and that is the most important part.
    I therefore feel that your game deserves a 9.5+ score.

Now for the issues:

When the day turns into night, the game is starting to lag and there are frame rate issues.
    Gamespot reported the same problem.
    I have a good PC (AMD 3700+ with 2 gig ram, and Geforce 6800GT card with 256mb).
    This kind of PC should not have any lag.
    I hope you can fix this issue soon, and if not then please add an option to disable the day/night cycle (I don’t mind that).

There is so much loot to choose from and so little inventory space.
    The main problem is not knowing which item is valuable and which one is not.
    The solution for this is to have different colors for the different items which will represent their value (8 different colors should be sufficient).
    Right now when we press “Z” we can see all the items on the ground.
    I would like to suggest adding a new hot key (e.g. “V”) for valuable items only.
    This way when using “V” instead of “Z” we would see all the items that are worth at lest 100 gold. If the player can also modify this threshold value then it would be even better.
    It would also be nice if the inventory space would be increased by 50% or more.
    Being able to store valuable items in a special chest in some remote location could also help a great deal.

Just had my first crush on the second mission when moving from one zone to another.
    For that reason when we “quick save” the game, the game should remember the exact place and condition we were, and it should not bring us back to previous location causing us to loose half an hour of game play.

Finally, I play on the easiest level and on the second mission (in Spartan) I found it very difficult to kill the man-horse.
    I had to eliminate all the units that surrounded him first.
    I then had to utilize hit and run tactics combined with drinking health potions in order to kill that men-horse.
    I had to use 10 health potions before I was able to kill that creature one on one.
    That is way too hard for “Easy” level.
    I was also fully equipped with the most expensive and powerful items.
    So far I spent all my gold (including from sold items) on health potions only.
    It would be nice if these health potions wouldn’t be so expensive, and if we were able to actually buy some good weapons from the shop.

So please keep in mind that some of us are beginners and we need the game to be somewhat easier on the easiest level.
    I therefore hope that you can tone down a bit the difficulty level for the easy level.
    I would really be disappointed if I get stuck at some point not being able to kill one of the powerful creatures.

Other then that everything else looks great.

Best regards, and keep up the good work,

Moshe Levi

Oh my god!

I have the opposite point of view:
    The game is easy. Potion is cheap. We need some more difficult.An average player easily can go ahead in progress, and quests too.

Or maybe am I a HC player?... hmmm who knows.... >)

try x and alt for better selection of items on the ground.

Also, if the first boss is too hard, you probably need to level up a bit more, and get better items. Thats what rpg are all about.

Quote Originally Posted by MadWasp
    I have the opposite point of view:
    The game is easy. Potion is cheap. We need some more difficult.An average player easily can go ahead in progress, and quests too.
    Overall the game difficulty is OK.
    Only that men-horse creature was too hard (I was on level 5 then).
    I cannot go to easier level, but you probably can go to a harder level.
    If you already on the hardest level them maybe you should ask for higher difficulty level to feet your needs.
    The game should be able to accommodate all players on all levels.

Regarding potions, so far I have been spending most of my gold buying them, so for me at least they are not cheap.

The Epic/ Legendary is not the same as hard/ very hard.
    After you completed the normal game, you can use the same character in harder places, but you character is also much stronger at that point.
    (ya I know, a bit crappy explanation).
    Anyway I am suprised you think the giant centauer was that hard. I guess it also depends on the skills you choose. I rushed through Greek barely using a potion. And I did not take much trouble to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon
    The Epic/ Legendary is not the same as hard/ very hard.
    After you completed the normal game, you can use the same character in harder places, but you character is also much stronger at that point.
    (ya I know, a bit crappy explanation).
    Anyway I am suprised you think the giant centauer was that hard. I guess it also depends on the skills you choose. I rushed through Greek barely using a potion. And I did not take much trouble to do it.
    I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

If you start the campaign on Epic or Legendary levels before you started leveling your hero up, then it would be much harder, wouldn't it?

In any case, I am not that good with RPG, so yes I used 10 health potions before I could kill the giant centauer.
    I almost didn't make it, and at that point I was close to give up on the game for being too hard.

You cannot play the campaign on Epic or Legendary with a new character. You play in Epic after you have finished the game with your character on Normal, and you go and play on Legendary once you have finished playing with your character on Epic.

In other words, Epic is intended for characters levels ~30 and above, just as Legendary is intended for characters level ~45 and above. (this is a rough estimate, haven't gotten to play myself through Epic or Legendary yet) In any case, it would be suicide to go fighting in Epic with a level 1 character, since each average mob would almost seem like a boss to your character. :P

Also, different bosses may require different tactics, while Hit and Run generally is a good idea for most of them. And some classes are more dependant on healing potions than others (melee classes, especially those not using Defense as a mastery)

Moshe Levi,

When trying to find only the "good" loot, try pressing "alt," "x," and "z." Those are different filter buttons for the type of loot you want to highlight. I would also recommend taking nothing if it isn't at least yellow. You'll waste a lot of time and energy trying to make money if you pick up the white and gray items. I'm sure if you take your time and complete every side-quest, you'll soon have no problem adventuring through normal difficulty. Very soon, potions will be cheap, and merchants will start carrying powerful items! Hang in there, RPGs become more fun the more you play. That's what keeps me hooked.