Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Won't it Work?

Why Won't it Work?

So you create a 'custommaps' folder in the Immortal Throne folder and add the 'masteries' folder there then the '.tex' and '.ssh' files into Titan Quest database folder and then you start the game and go on 'play custom game' and select the masteries game and start.

I've done all that except the 'select masteries game and start' bit. When I go on the 'play custom game' menu there's nothing there. Can someone tell me where I've gone wrong?

Re: Why Won't it Work?

Hi,

Please, follow the guide in my signature.

Thanks alot

It still won't work with me! I just don't get it. I do all the things you say and still there is no map when I go to 'play custom maps' Any idea what I am doing wrong? I've copied everything in fx_textures to the database of Titan quest and I've made a 'custommaps' map on the main map of Titan Quest IT, then I've put the masteries mod in the custommaps map, what am I missing / doing wrong?? I've got windows XP. Please give me a solution, I am dieing to see those new classes and help is GREATLY appriciated.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleThunder View Post
    It still won't work with me! I just don't get it. I do all the things you say and still there is no map when I go to 'play custom maps' Any idea what I am doing wrong? I've copied everything in fx_textures to the database of Titan quest and I've made a 'custommaps' map on the main map of Titan Quest IT, then I've put the masteries mod in the custommaps map, what am I missing / doing wrong?? I've got windows XP. Please give me a solution, I am dieing to see those new classes and help is GREATLY appriciated.
    Hi,

Well, looks like you have broken the pathing or the folder structure...

Look, you MUST create a folder named "custommaps" in C:\My Documents\YourAccountName\My Games\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\

So it will look like this then:

C:\My Documents\YourAccountName\My Games\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\custommaps

Then you MUST extract the Masteries and put the folder of it in custommaps folder you have just created.

It will look like this:

C:\My Documents\YourAccountName\My Games\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\custommaps\masteries

If you open that folder, it MUST have the following structure:

Main folder in custommaps, the one you've just opened:
    masteries

Subfolders in masteries folder:
    database
    resources

DO NOT CHANGE ANY NAMES OF THE FOLDERS, OF ANY! THE WAY YOU EXTRACT THE MOD PUT THE FOLDERS IN THAT STRUCTURE I EXPLAINED and it should be ok...

Check if you have this like I mention please (I used capitals to stress important stuff, not to sound angry or something, lol).

I did exactly that, but I also have extracted the 'fx_textures' map to the:'D:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest\Databse'. Is there a problem in there? =/

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleThunder View Post
    I did exactly that, but I also have extracted the 'fx_textures' map to the:'D:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest\Databse'. Is there a problem in there? =/
    There is no map in fx_textures. These are just textures. It would only cause trouble in graphics of some effects, not the problem you have...

What version of Masteries did you download? Try another, for example X2 version. http://www.savefile.com/files/1572650

Hmm...do you have normal box version of TQ and IT? Or D2D(is that the abbreviation of the downloadable service?) one?

Can you see some other mods?

I should remove the extracted files out of my TQ database folder? Will do ASAP, but first I'll download the other version. I think I've got the normal ones, both bought in the stores

PS: Thanks for replying so ultra-fast

Alright mate, now I've downloaded the version you mentioned, but it doesn't have the 'masteries' map in it, just the 'masteries_2max' map, are these nearly the same?

No, no no. You got me wrong. Hehe, I just said the content of FX_textures.zip you MUST put to database is not the source of your trouble. These are just textures some effects of the mod use, they cannot be causing you the trouble of not seeing the mod, but they would cause you trouble of seeing effects ingame. So, put them back please.

The X2 version has 2x more monsters and bosses. I wanted you to download it only to try if it works. Otherwise you should probably use normal Masteries one, not X2 version.

So, D2D is not the problem..hmm..damn..Well, can you see some other mods?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast